New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

'Total time logged in' feature

Started by Laura, May 01, 2006, 11:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura

Is there a way to turn this off my own settings so I don't have to see how much time I could be spending doing something else?  It only confirms that I spend way too much time reading about fish..... :o

Seriously though, previously I would just leave myself logged in and hit refresh occasionally (if I'm off making dinner, or if I go out to the park with the kids, I would remain logged in), now I have this weird fixation on trying to keep my number down.

Is this freaky.......am I alone in this...........can I make it go away?

BTW, I keep coming across subtle little features of the new system, that are much improved over the old - overall, a job well done!!
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

darkdep

I don't think you can turn this off...But, just think how much you'll be worshipped by the others on the forum for having such a high "logged on" time!  :)

BigDaddy

You can always minimize the window altogether.

Unfortunately, you'll loose the Show unread posts since last visit & Show new replies to your posts links.  Not too bad if you keep your user box on the left side open, as they are there as well.  But then again, that window shows total logged in time too!   (just not quite so big) ::)

FishPassion

Im with Laura on this, my concern is should my wife ever come onto this site on my laptop and notice the logged in feature................. well enough said. I allready get flack for being on the net to much and reading about my FISH. LOL
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

Underwater

... Just tell her that you frequently leave your browser open to the OVAS web page unattended :P

At least that's how I justify my 13h51m to myself.

darkdep

Why don't you all just accept your addiction and learn to live with it?  :)

BigDaddy

Quote from: Underwater on May 02, 2006, 09:44:14 AM
... Just tell her that you frequently leave your browser open to the OVAS web page unattended :P

At least that's how I justify my 13h51m to myself.

Actually, I just realized something... that counter doesn't count idle time.

I was "logged in" on my work laptop last night and didn't shut down.  When I came in this morning... I didn't have an extra 12 hours on the counter.

Seanc

yeah it doesn't have idle time, i realised that about 2 weeks ago, geze get with it BigD. thats good because it is always on my computer and i would have hundreds of min.

Laura

Phew!  Thanks guys, that's a relief - no more neurotically turning off OVAS for me.....
But now that means that the really big number at the top of my screen is really how much time I spend on here!!  :o
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Supressor

I'm at 9 h 30 min, how about everyone else?

jee

lol im at Total time logged in: 20 hours and 28 minutes.

:o

Underwater

Total time logged in: 1 days, 9 hours and 20 minutes.

squeeker

Only 17 hrs, 10 minutes... I'm not as addicted as I thought!

garnpet

1d 2h 9m - I keep tellling my wife that there is a bug in the software and that it overcounts the time.   ::)
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Seanc

PaleoFishGirl

Yikes, I'm in the Top 10 :o

I think not having any work to do yesterday contributed to that a bit...

Supressor

lol I'll make up for ya send ur time over her :P my mom says that if i'm really serious about fish and that I can SHOW it (to her spotless tanks and frequent maintainence isn't enough) she'll let me have an in wall tank put in our base ment when we finish our house !

Seanc

Quote from: Supressor on May 17, 2006, 10:25:53 PM
lol I'll make up for ya send ur time over her :P my mom says that if i'm really serious about fish and that I can SHOW it (to her spotless tanks and frequent maintainence isn't enough) she'll let me have an in wall tank put in our base ment when we finish our house !

Thats eaxactly what my mom said, but in my attic, and i had to have discus, and it can't be salt water.