New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

46 Thousand Posts

Started by BigDaddy, May 02, 2006, 10:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddy

That's a lot of typing!   ;D

nelson

darkdep

Congrats OVAS; seems the club has come a long way in the last few years.  :) 

Anyone have enough info to write up a small "history of ovas" post?

artw

well when I joined the club in 2000 there was maybe 10-15 people at the meetings, we took up about 1/4 of the room and the mini auction may or may not have happened at each meeting.

pegasus

In the 60's we were so big we had two presidents.
For a very long time, the meetings were held at the St-Francois community center (Wellington near Sommerset) then they moved to the museum.

Chinaman

I went to one OVAS meeting way back in the mid-90's!!
The meeting was held at that muesum basement at Metcalfe.  I paid
$15 for my membership but never showed up in
any subseqent functions.

darkdep

pegasus:  We used to be that big?  What the heck happened :)

artw

pegasus

Quote from: artw on May 02, 2006, 12:47:07 PM
Computers
Pong & Pac-Man  & 
Electricity
Flying Circus

Yes there was a junior section not just our dear Cassandra.

artw

electricity.  You are really dating yourself there Michel

darkdep

Wow, he's older than I thought.  No wonder he's so smart.

pegasus

Quote from: DarkDep on May 02, 2006, 01:38:04 PM
Wow, he's older than I thought.  No wonder he's so smart.
Watch it! I bite on every full moon.
I also remember the club organizing excursion and visit outside of town.

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: Pegasus on May 02, 2006, 03:12:35 PM
Watch it! I bite on every full moon.

Uh oh, he's some sort of.... vampire-werewolf  ???

Seanc

Quote from: Pegasus on May 02, 2006, 01:05:00 PM
Yes there was a junior section not just our dear Cassandra.
don't forget me! i have a junior membership, that makes two

pegasus

Quote from: Seanc on May 02, 2006, 03:59:54 PM
don't forget me! i have a junior membership, that makes two
Elections are just a few weeks from now. The race will be hot... in our junior political wing. Cassandra will probably win the best house/tank show again. What will you do Sean to get ahead in the polls? Use your Karma? Give free fish? Shake hand & kiss babies? Read on Monthy Python? Get your MOUSTACHE tatooed?
I'll give you my vote.... You were at the Montreal auction and keep me a seat at the restaurant.  :D

Seanc

hmmmm i might just enter in the best house, but not this year(at least i don't think i will) next year when all my aquascaping, planting, and fishing, i meen fishing at the LFS. i might have to give away some plants, or cherry shrimp, or get my moustach tatooed on my finger, good sujestion.

babblefish1960

What's the best house? And why wait a year when you are so close already, you never know, it may be a worthwhile venture, whatever it is.

Seanc

because, i don't have all the fish in it yet (marble hatchets, discus, etc...) als not all of my plants have grown in (especialy the fore ground ones.) and if i enter this year, nobody else will win the freshwater tank part for 3 years+, i wanna give them one more year of winning befor i enter ;) ;)

jetstream

Go! Seanc go! It doesn't take that long for the plants to grow in! Give them more fertilizers on top of your TLC. 3 weeks is more than enough unless your tank is a Java Moss tank!  ;)