New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

*very* tiny users in chat

Started by PaleoFishGirl, May 16, 2006, 11:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

Is anyone else noticing the little munchkins that have taken over our chatroom? I haven't seen any OVAS people in there lately, but a lot of those 0" users :D

BigDaddy

The APW is loosing his touch   ::)

artw

I PM'd darkdep about this earlier, about an hour ago, and he hasn't replied. Usually he is real quick with replying to PM's.  HELP!!! DON'T PANIC! APW is asleep at the switch.

Phase 1 of the OVAS Hostile Takeover of MASO (tm)  involves incapacitating and overthrowing our own APW.

Shouganai

The chat channel got deregistered, I am guessing because none of the ops logged in in 30 days, or whatever the time limit is for that irc server.

I have a really hard time staying logged in.. that particular server has some sort of stick up their bum about bots, and sitting idle in/outside of a channel gets you kicked from their server.

darkdep

Sorry folks on this; I'm going through a really annoying phase at work where I have, well, lots of work.  X=)

If people other than OVAS'ers are hanging out in our channel, then a better solution is going to have to be found than having an IRC based chat.

BigDaddy

Quote from: DarkDep on May 16, 2006, 01:21:02 PM
Sorry folks on this; I'm going through a really annoying phase at work where I have, well, lots of work.  X=)

If people other than OVAS'ers are hanging out in our channel, then a better solution is going to have to be found than having an IRC based chat.

Okay... stop working and read the thread again.  I think you are gettin' confused...    ;D

darkdep

Well, it's fixed.  I've Re-setup the room and set it as Secret so it should be less likely to be taken over by others on the IRC server.

BigDaddy

Quote from: DarkDep on May 16, 2006, 01:29:08 PM
Well, it's fixed.  I've Re-setup the room and set it as Secret so it should be less likely to be taken over by others on the IRC server.

Dude... no one was "taking over".  PFG was making a funny.  The status bar on top said there were 0" (read zero inch) users in chat.

Your workin' too much bud

darkdep

Holy crap you're right...sorry all, apparantly I should try and get some sleep...wow.

artw

ooh the APW is falling.  My master plan is working, muhahah
that will teach you to make a mockery of the APAC (All Powerful Auction Chairman) at the Executive meetings

BigDaddy

Quote from: DarkDep on May 16, 2006, 01:35:13 PM
Holy crap you're right...sorry all, apparantly I should try and get some sleep...wow.

Yeah.. and APPARENTLY SeanC isn't the only guy on the forums who could benefit from a spell checker!

;D    ;D    ;D

artw

BigDaddy

Quote from: artw on May 16, 2006, 01:55:04 PM
oooh.  Burn.

Isn't that how we haze.... urgg.. ummm... welcome new members to the executive?

darkdep

Actually, I REALLY hate when I misspell something.  Damn.

Art, my crosshairs are off you and are now aimed at mr. future pres.

artw

Excellent so does that mean I can go back to editing the shoutbox and changing people's personal text?
.. I mean
Hey Thanks DarkDep!  You really are a swell guy ;D

Seanc

BigDaddy

Quote from: Seanc on May 16, 2006, 04:11:11 PM
you can edit the shout box?

Moderators can, yes...  questionable content can show up in the shout box just as easily as in a thread

artw

well I used to be able to until SOMEONE took away my privileges.  :-\ :-*

Supressor

Hey I may be a lil munchkin that is taking over the chat, but it's not my fault I'm a computer legend :P jk

But I'm pretty pro with computers, and anything related.

One wise word: Self teaching of computers is great, so are the repair bills :P

But what do you mean "taking over" i have hardly seen anyone in there

Me (my 2 REGISTERED names: Supressor, Optimalpower)

Aiglos_ovas
Shouganai
Seanc
J(something here, sorry dude!! LOL)
and Paleofishgirl.

I think I'm the youngest.... or am I Sean?lol

Seanc

i'm not sure? never met you, do you have a drivers licence? if so then you arn't

Supressor

hehe sean u can be my lil bro then :D