New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Spencer Jack Uruguay Collecting Trip

Started by PaleoFishGirl, February 27, 2007, 08:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Okay folks, the expedition is going to take place in November this year, and if you want to sign up for it, there will be a deposit required to secure a spot on this, as there are only so many people that can go on each trip. So naturally, first come first served, and this is where the money talks. So, those of you that now have the information directly from the horse's mouth, you can tell us when the sign up date will require some monetary commitment, and how much of course. Put your hands up those that are going and let's get this trek to Uruguay underway. :)

PaleoFishGirl

Spencer has asked me to mention that there is one spot left for the first Uruguay trip.
He has opened up a second trip and there are 3 spots left - act fast!

More Details

hamstercaster

I must admit to be very tempted by this trip.  1150$ US for 10 days all inclusive (provided the maximum of people go) is just a ridiculously low price for a trip that promises to be filled with laughs, fun and wonders.  Unfortunatly I have too many expenses coming up for the house in the following months and won't be able to go... nor would my wife let me go without taking her with me  ;D and then you're up to 2300 US which is still very cheap for a trip for two but still a good load of cash that I don't have lol....

I've been on his website to look at the details and I'm positive that the people who will sign up for this trip will not regret it!!!  This reminds me a bit of my trip in Morroco in the early 90's.  We spent a week there and visited so many cities and travelled by chartered bus pretty much every day we were there and it was so much fun.. so I can only imagine what Uruguay will be like... adding fish collecting on top of that...Wow!!!... Maybe one day... :)

darkdep

I'm pretty close to signing up for this....Just need approval from the Galaxy Masters.

artw

I am right behind you DarkDep...  that sounds like a deal too good to pass up.

beowulf

I talked to Spencer and since he will more then likely be doing this next fall I am probably going then.  This year was to much of a hassle with the house and wedding and Ashley didn't have enough vacation time left so I would have to go alone.

PaleoFishGirl

Updated itineraries for both trips have been posted.  I *think* there is still room on the second trip, but you'd have to ask to be sure.  First one(s) with the money get the spots :)

http://cichlaholic.com/uruguay07.html

Nerine

I hate to pass it up...but next year :D always next year!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

PaleoFishGirl

Just wanted to let you know that there are still spots open on *both* trips... so what are you waiting for (eh, APW? go for it!) :)

http://cichlaholic.com/uruguay07.html

jetstream

Just noisy to know. You just bring back the fishes that you caught by yourself? Is there a catch limit set by the governing body? Most likely I can only collect fishes in the concrete jungle!  ;)

Cheers,

darkdep

Can't do it PFG; I'm a match for the kidney donation :)  Looks like I'll be very unable to travel around that time.  Next year, for sure.  I really want to go :)

beowulf

Quote from: jetstream on August 17, 2007, 06:22:53 PM
Just noisy to know. You just bring back the fishes that you caught by yourself? Is there a catch limit set by the governing body? Most likely I can only collect fishes in the concrete jungle!  ;)

Cheers,

Yes you bring back what you catch.  I forget the limits by heart but I think someone mentioned them earlier in this thread and Spencer mentioned them during his presentation last winter.

If Ashley had more vacation time left I would be there in a second.  Ahhh to dream!!!

PaleoFishGirl

Still a couple of spots open on both trips... I guess if you wanted to go, you'd have already signed up, but will it make a difference if I say I'm probably going on the second trip? :)

PaleoFishGirl

Off to Uruguay tomorrow morning - you guys are missing out! I'll let you know how it goes when I'm back near the end of the month, try and talk you into tagging along next year! :)

beowulf

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on November 13, 2007, 09:24:17 AM
Off to Uruguay tomorrow morning - you guys are missing out! I'll let you know how it goes when I'm back near the end of the month, try and talk you into tagging along next year! :)

I soooo hope to be able to go next year.  We had planned on using all our vacation to go to Europe in August on out honeymoon but now my brother got engaged and is going to get married next August which messes up our Europe trip. 

A fish collecting honeymoon in Uruguay maybe?

Ormarr

Quote from: beowulf on November 13, 2007, 10:38:07 AM
A fish collecting honeymoon in Uruguay maybe?

I sure do hope you have a very understanding wife.  :P

beowulf

Quote from: Ormarr on November 13, 2007, 11:08:35 AM
I sure do hope you have a very understanding wife.  :P

LOL I am sure she would not care she acually wants to come this year but we are unable to because she does not have enough vacation time left.

sas

fishycanuck

PFG, have a wonderful time. Who else is going from OVAS?

jodes22

Have a great time PFG! I am sooo jealous!!!