New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

tanks update

Started by charlie, August 22, 2009, 07:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jart

Quote from: charlie on October 01, 2009, 08:20:14 AM
Thanks  J R they are Pearl gouramis, i would absolutely recommend them  ;)
Regards

I picked up a couple a few days ago. I really like them. Went back today to get some more but they were sold out.
They are still a bit timid but hopefully that won't last for long.

Hookup

Quote from: charlie on October 07, 2009, 08:58:11 PM
The 59 gln as of today, the tank is really rebounding nicely.
Really nice looking.

Contains Moose

When stuff gets overgrown do you pull them out or do you cut back somehow?

charlie

Thanks Hookup
QuoteWhen stuff gets overgrown do you pull them out or do you cut back somehow?
Yes thinning out via pulling out or trimming is necessary.\
Regards

Cheebs

These tanks look outstanding charlie, great job!

charlie

Quote from: Cheebs on November 12, 2009, 12:32:40 PM
Thanks Phil

FocusFin

Quote from: Cheebs on November 12, 2009, 12:32:40 PM

The pictures never do justice, the first time I saw your tanks I was blown away and immediately went out and bought a Co2 system. Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared for the weekly upkeep and then ironically sold the CO2 to you. I remember thinking as I was cutting the grass in my tank, "I just finished cutting my lawn and here I am mowing my tank"  ::)

See them in person if you have the chance.

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

charlie

Finally got around to taking a picture of my 20 Gallon long which i totally re worked a few days ago , now to wait for the HC to hopefully grow in.

[attachment deleted by admin]

smalltownfan

Very nice Erroll, one of these days I'll be able to spend more time with the tanks and hopefully get them looking as good as yours.
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

Toss

I can see the pogostemon looks nicer in your tank already than in mine ;)
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

Jeff1192

Quote from: Toss on January 18, 2010, 06:18:29 PM
I can see the pogostemon looks nicer in your tank already than in mine ;)

Yeah looks better than in mine too!.....that better not be the pogostemon I gave you looking that much better already!  ;D
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

charlie

Thanks Guys, The P.Helferi in this tank  ;)is  the ones from Toss

cichlidicted

love the setup, specially the short plant to the left.... for some reason ground plants never kicked off in my tank, Keep the pictures coming..

have a good one

Jeff1192

Quote from: charlie on January 21, 2010, 04:59:23 PM
Thanks Guys, The P.Helferi in this tank  ;)is  the ones from Toss

Ok I don't feel so bad now!   ;D
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Adam

Errol, they look beautiful
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

charlie

Thanks for all your kind comments .

mkowals2

Your tanks look fantastic! What is HC btw?

-Mike

charlie

Quote from: mkowals2 on February 02, 2010, 04:09:58 PM
Your tanks look fantastic! What is HC btw?

-Mike
Thanks Mike, HC- Hemianthus callitrichoides "cuba" is one of the smallest aquarium plants in the world.

cichlidicted

hello charlie

I thinking of tying HC to a driftwood, and am wondering if you've tried it before ? any tips ?

thanks in advance

charlie

Quote from: cichlidicted on February 08, 2010, 03:10:36 AM
hello charlie

I thinking of tying HC to a driftwood, and am wondering if you've tried it before ? any tips ?

thanks in advance
Sorry , i thought i replied  :-[
I have never tried it , but i think i have seen it done with great effect by Fischkopp.I don`t think his was tied though? maybe he will let you in on the secret.  ;)