New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Here it is... 20 gallon nano tank build

Started by ordi260, March 17, 2010, 07:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetJumper

They are happily in my Sump now! After tossing them in, they disappeared into the one piece of LR I have in there.  Never to be seen again!

Thanks again Ordi260
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

ordi260

Yoohoo!!!

Im glad they have a good home now!

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

ordi260

Hey everyone!!!

Tank update:

Purchased a pair of BEAUTIFUL onyx clowns yesterday!
Also got 2 nice riccordia frags...one rainbow frag and they other one is green!

Ill post pics later tonight!

[li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
[/list]

holachicka

That's awesome - I LOVE the onyx clowns. They are just enough "different" from the regular orange ones that everybody has but still enough of the "same" that they add the finishing touch to any tank!

I can't remember, are you thinking of being a hosting anemone?

ordi260

Yes i would love to add the an anemone to host them!  I havent read much on anemones yet tho...im looking for something colorfull. But i need to keep in mind that ill only upgrade my lights in a couple of months tho

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

JetJumper

ordi260

Added 2 riccordia frags 2 weeks ago and frogspawn, favia, hammerhead and echino this week!!!

Pics toba added soon...only snapped crappy blue-ish shots so far...im not satisfied with them lol

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

I got a very nice small black sailfin blennie and a pearly jawfish last weekend!

The black blennie chosen a hole as his home in the rock where i can see him all the time!

But the pearly jawfish is nowhere to be found... i tried many times looking everywhere for him, during the day and night...any tought???

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

redbelly

Well first be sure he didnt jump.
They can be a jumper until they have a burrow built. Then they tend to settle down.

Then check along the base of your rocks and see if anyone has been pushing gravel out from under a rock.
Pearly jawfish like to build a burrow and hide under the rock. You will see them pearing out at first before they will venture out.

ordi260

Im checking everyday around the stand in case he would have jumped...nothing he apparently is still in there but the only time i seen him is when i set him free from the pipe he came in...the pipe is still in there and there nothing in it...i looked under it too!

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

Alright...here is some pics of the livestock i have in there so far!

Ill wait a bit to add more...make sure everything goes well together and also save some room for some SPS later on!

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

JetJumper

Quote from: ordi260 on May 29, 2010, 07:07:17 PM
Alright...here is some pics of the livestock i have in there so far!

Ill wait a bit to add more...make sure everything goes well together and also save some room for some SPS later on!

I don't see any pictures :(

dan2x38

Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

ordi260

Haha guys!

Im at work so i have to work before posting you know  ;)

Here are some!

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

dan2x38

Very nice setup looks great good job!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Vincenzo.

White Lightning

Looking nice. I like the rock work and the torch!

ordi260

Good news tonight!!!

Its crack...oops nutrimar ova night for the fish and while feeding, I looked another time around the tank to try to find the pearly jawfish i got 2 weeks ago!

And SURPRISE!!!  I found his burrow on the back side of the tank, under the rocks...altough i cant really see him until feeding time, I am REALLY happy to know hes safe and sound!  He was wonderful colours and eating like a pig  ;D

Ill try to get some pics later this week!

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

Time has come to REVIVE my thread!  ;)

I have built a wood canopy with great help from HomerJ (Thanks  8) ). 

And will be getting an Icecap 660 ballast this weekend!  T5HO here i come!  Corals will benefit of better lighting now!  I will install 4 tubes in the canopy + my reefbrite actinic fixture (if there is enough room).  Ill try to fit in a couple of moonlights in there too but im not sure I will have enough room.

I got sealant, expresso stain and varnish! EDIT 1:30AM: Applied first coat of stain to the door and inside spacers. Now i go sleep  ::)

Now I need to choose the fan's layout and bulb combination.  Any ideas?
The best idea received so far was to put 2 fans on the right pulling air in and 2 fans on the left drawing heat out!

Pictures!

[li]
    [li]
[/list]