New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My First Tank in Ottawa

Started by MJChang, February 21, 2012, 09:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJChang

some new additions

a gorgeous elegance coral, nice color and huge size

a very potential bushy acropora

a nice pinkish blue bushy acropora. my bad photograph skill really eclipsed its beauty

a red table

a purple table

a very potential staghorn

a browned rainbow stylo. hopefullly it'll be clolorin up.

a borwned staghorn. as you can see, its polyps are yet blue

kole18

Dude those are nice pcs of Sps collection you've got there now & elegance as well.

MJChang

now i need just a gorgeous ritteri

then everythin thrives without any more accidents

kole18

Hey dude what happen to 2nd that you just got recently? Don't tell it did died again :( those retteri dude I'd used to have those anemone 2 yrs ago you should see it almost half of my 35g tank covered with these gigantic retteri amazing it was hosted of 4 clowns:) I'd sold for 150$ one of our fellow co-ovas. I've got this anemone from OI when pat still live here in Ottawa I've kept it a year didn't even split but so huge yellow tip & purple base. Retti it moves a lot though you need a space for this anemone, if you get the healthy 1 oh dude for sure this is gonna beuatifull anemone for your tank & goodluck finding 1, I know mscape always carries these type of anemone or az too.

MJChang

Quote from: kole18 on April 07, 2012, 04:03:26 PM
Hey dude what happen to 2nd that you just got recently? Don't tell it did died again :( those retteri dude I'd used to have those anemone 2 yrs ago you should see it almost half of my 35g tank covered with these gigantic retteri amazing it was hosted of 4 clowns:) I'd sold for 150$ one of our fellow co-ovas. I've got this anemone from OI when pat still live here in Ottawa I've kept it a year didn't even split but so huge yellow tip & purple base. Retti it moves a lot though you need a space for this anemone, if you get the healthy 1 oh dude for sure this is gonna beuatifull anemone for your tank & goodluck finding 1, I know mscape always carries these type of anemone or az too.

as u said, it moved a lot and then sliced itself up after wonderin into a powerhead

and seemingly ritteri doesnt split well. im quarantinin the big chuck left from slicin but the opportunity seems slim to grow back

MJChang

there is the tank after mess:

theres still plenty of cyano on the back but on sides the situations improvin

the table coral hostin a crab and two shrimps

the rainbow stylo needs colorin up

this purple acro is very potential

kole18

I didn't even noticed that you have a nano wavebox there now man, nice that's what i have in my 70g too  8). I used to have mp40es but sucks always break my profelr, keep on spending bucks for these wavemaker to repair cool.

MJChang

Quote from: kole18 on April 09, 2012, 03:37:22 PM
I didn't even noticed that you have a nano wavebox there now man, nice that's what i have in my 70g too  8). I used to have mp40es but sucks always break my profelr, keep on spending bucks for these wavemaker to repair cool.

i didn't put it in for a while

i used to have 3 6055's 1 6025 and 1 6045

well, the wave was probably too strong it probably contributed to the rtn i suffered

so i decided to make more natural waves, addin the wavebox while takin out 5025 and 6045 i changed the frequency of the 6055's too

now it looed btetter

MJChang

and the elegance is so big i necessarily reaquascaped

kole18

Hey bro how manny gallon is your tank? Is that 90g cube .

xenon

Any reason why there is a heater in your tank and not in the sump?

MJChang

Quote from: xenon on April 09, 2012, 09:29:20 PM
Any reason why there is a heater in your tank and not in the sump?

sump is too small 8) very compact design

kole18

I was going to ask about that too xenon the heater in his tank isn't supposed to be we're place in your sump & if your sump is too small bro needs to upgrade :)

MJChang

Quote from: kole18 on April 10, 2012, 02:07:02 AM
I was going to ask about that too xenon the heater in his tank isn't supposed to be we're place in your sump & if your sump is too small bro needs to upgrade :)

im savin to upgrade in 4 yrs

gonna set up probably 60*35 dt with a zeovit sump--could still be small, just heaters, probably a chiller, zeolite reactor and skimmer

i'd like give a shot to the plasma lightin. it seems cool on my friend's tank. its probably much cheaper in yrs to come

i guess zeovit system is still my preference

Hookup

MJChang

The malue anemone removed to the back of rockwork

I've got a lemonade rbta

latest pix

thought it would stay in the rock crevice i'd arranged but it stuck to the rock

not full opened. probably it'll be movin this night

the elegance, really huge

Hookup

redbelly

Nice looking Pappilare!
Do you have an updated pic?
I have crazy polyp extention on mine to the point where you can not see the base at all.

MJChang

here are some updates

the tank. I decide to add more blue, seekin one or two blue staghorns

a very potential efflo. runnin outa glue, i put it temporarily on sand

the tricolor needs colorin up

the rainbow/bicolor bta

the duncan

the dominant male resplendent anthias, really somethin

trio of resplendent anthias

the small school of longspine cardinals

full open blueberry gorgonia