New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plant Contest - Let the flaming begin!

Started by BigDaddy, October 25, 2005, 12:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeeker

Oh, no, bigdaddy, the anubias is doing GREAT! LOL

jgolden

Quote from: "darkdep"BTW: To emphasize how little threat I am in this contest, I can report that I have just successfully killed Java Fern in one of my tanks.  I am officially lame.
:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: J/K....

:wink: I wanna know how you did it.... :P

Toss

75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

PaleoFishGirl

Wow, mine looks almost exactly like that - except maybe even more wilted if that's possible  :P   Actually, the more I look, the better Toss's looks!

darkdep

jgolden: I tried to make it live.  That killed it.  

I've just set up one of my vacant 30gals as a plant tank.  We will see what happens with the Crypt...

rockgarden

With all that rock, you African lovers can have a crypt for your crypt - Oh that was terrible - Must have been brought on by Chicago scoring a run.

darkdep

hehe I think the fact that you're watching baseball is much funnier than your joke :lol:

Nelson

I hope everyone's enjoying the contest....would like to chat a bit longer but I've got a lot to do and I really should trim my plant back a bit :lol:

PaleoFishGirl

OUCH Nelson...

I've gotta say, mine has totally perked up since I posted this afternoon.  I think I even see a new leaf coming... no, but really, it looks better :D

Nelson

Quote from: "PaleoFishGirl"OUCH Nelson...

I've gotta say, mine has totally perked up since I posted this afternoon.  I think I even see a new leaf coming... no, but really, it looks better :D

I was kidding of course but my plant(s) are definitely showing some life.  A long way from award winners though :)

squeeker

mine has picked its leaves up OFF the gravel.  It looks like a plant now...

darkdep

You guys are all ahead of me (no surprise).  I've got my lighting almost built.  Hope the plant lasts till it's done.

garnpet

I finally got the silly thing planted this morning (took the day off work to play with the fish  :D )  

That's a BN pleco in front of the plant and a Yoyo loach and a cherry barb in the background.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Julie

Is it a crypt?  How come your pleco is upside down?

Julie

garnpet

The pleco is upside down cleaning the front glass of the tank.  It's just the angle of the picture that makes his look like he is "dead."  :roll:
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

squeeker

... and just when I thought my plant was perking up, I came home from work to find both the leaves had rotted off. Just great.

darkdep

I don't get it.  I've got a temp 15watt light above my planted tank while I build a light hood, and my crypt hasn't rotted at all yet.  

Hmm.  Maybe I'm onto something...maybe crypts need to "root" in low light :)

darkdep

How are your crypts doing, folks?

I've just finished building a hood/lighting for my new plant tank, and just set up my first DIY CO2 setup.  Whee!  

Hoping all this will have a positive effect on my crypt :lol:

mseguin

Mine is doing okay, nothing spectacular but no rot either so far.

gvv

Nice crypt and I never saw these types of leaves before. Also the leaves have interesting surface texture... Glad to have it even if I will loose :)
Got 2 new leaves and was surprised that it didn't rot at first - usually crypts are very delicate and do not like pH changes, while I have very acid soft water.

Regards