New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tank

Started by james, March 08, 2006, 09:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

Hi
Thanks for the support. Not forcing anyone to buy it. If you dont like the price fine. The tank is in very good shape and the chip is on the trim not the glass. You have to see it to make a judgement anyways.
I personally dont make comments on anyones stuff epecially if I'm not buying!
Thanks
James :D
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

redbelly1

to tell the tru th i was actually thinking of buying! im in dire need of larger tank as my 5 redbellys have outgrown the tank they are in now!!!!!!! But honestly if you want to throw a remark like that then i might as well go elsewere. Im sorry if you took my feed ofensivly but hey come on its kind of called bargaining.

repeej

Can one of the Moderators please cleanup all the useless posts in this thread?

Pretty sure James is entitled to ask what he wants for his tank without having to defend his price.

If he is in fact asking too much then lack of interest should dictate this.

babblefish1960

Please read the netiquette sticky on the lounge forum!

It is very well written, and is a good tool in understanding appropriate behaviour, it was very useful reading when I first joined the forum.

artw

repeej I dont see any thread crapping at all here. unless someone of the other Moderators deleted it.  all I see is discussion about a tank.

repeej

Quote from: "artw"repeej I dont see any thread crapping at all here. unless someone of the other Moderators deleted it.  all I see is discussion about a tank.

As stated in the posting guidelines: "If you wish to comment that the asking price for an item is too high do not do it in the classified ad, contact the vendor by PM or email."

I saw plenty of comments about his asking price.....that my friend is called thread crapping.

BigDaddy

Marx did thread crap.  I'll clean up the thread later on today.

repeej

Quote from: "zookeeper"I agree with the executive. No offence but this is a forum meaning people are free to post their opinions. Their opinion is that this is in no way a great deal and what is wrong with educating the people who may be interested that for 50 bucks more than can get a brand new tank? Big Al's in my opinion is a really expensive store so if they are selling this tank for 50 bucks more brand new I would go to the store too.

Please read this:  http://ovas.ca/bridge/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5106

mseguin

I cleaned up the posts.
Zookeeper: You are right that people are free to post their opinions, but the rule we have for the classified is that it is not allowed to question someone's prices, or deprecate their product ("Thread crapping").

zookeeper

If you are bad mouthing about the product sure. But I don't see how stating you can get one for the same price brand new at a store is DEPRECIATING a product. This is being honest and saving people money. Imagine someone on a car forum selling a 1998 car for 20 000 dollars. Who would be crazy enough to buy it? Personally I think that educating other users and the seller by telling them this is a complete rip off should be allowed. That is called honesty. In my opinion if you don't want people to comment then post it some place other than a forum. Just my opinion though which I believe forums should be about. The only thing I believe should not be allowed on forums is ignorant people that are being rude, abusive ETC. Other than that was is a forum supposed to be for if not to post replies that include your thoughts? Perhaps you should take a close look at the foundation of forums.

mseguin

You are free to contact potential buyers and let them know about deals etc, or tell the seller you think the price is unfair but do it in pm. This part of the forum is the Classifieds and not a discussion section in the same sense as the other two.

zookeeper

I understand but again let me make another point. The last OVAS executive saw nothing wrong with the discussion that took place and you did. Again matter of opinion and you overturned his decision. Same as the classifieds. It is only an opinion and I don't believe it affects the image of the seller at all. As different people will have different opinions and more than likely it won't stop someone who is generally interested. Just as your opinion of the thread was different than the other executives. What is wrong is that someones opionion can be deleted by people like you. Last time I will use this forum due to the immaturity factors. Placing such contraints are completely unecessary and is a violation of the charter of rights called FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Rules ruin the fun of forums as forums should be full of opinion no matter what section. Anyways over and out FISH Lovers.  Have fun on your over ruled forums. I am going back to aquaria.com where the forums aren't controlled as much and opinion is appreciated.

repeej

zookeeper:  Thank you for all 4 of your informative posts.....good luck out there!

BigDaddy

Let me make something plainly clear here

BANNING THREAD CRAPPING IS A STANDARD PRACTICE WITH ALMOST ANY BULLETIN BOARD SYSTEM OUT THERE.

If you can not agree to the simple little rules in place to make transactions smooth (list a price, don't crap an no auctioning) then that's your business.

And last time I checked.. the classifieds on Aquaria never have anything other than the item in question as a post...

artw

regarding Freedom of Speech.  please refer to our Disclaimer:  We do not over-rule our Forum but we do have rules.  if you do not like them you are free to leave.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor such content. The Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society shall have the right and sole discretion to edit or to remove any content whatsoever which it finds in its sole discretion to be objectionable for any reason.

The opinions expressed in the message boards are not necessarily (and in some cases not at all) those of the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society. The Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society is not responsible for any materials provided by users which are deemed harmful or offensive to others. The Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss, or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided on its website. The Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society is not responsible for the content of any sites linked to from the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society site.

artw

and if someone wants to have a discussion about a post in the Classified Ads please crate a new thread in the Lounge or in Discussions and link to it.

thank you. :D

Aiglos

Quote from: "repeej"zookeeper:  Thank you for all 4 of your informative posts.....good luck out there!

Repeej  thank you for your 456 sarcastic posts.

repeej

Quote from: "Aiglos"
Quote from: "repeej"zookeeper:  Thank you for all 4 of your informative posts.....good luck out there!

Repeej  thank you for your 456 sarcastic posts.

Believe it or not some people appreciate my mild sarcasm.  I haven't even hit full stride yet.  :wink:

murgus

I don't usually wade into these...

In my opinion, it is not someone else's place to decide for me (or the seller) that the asking price is a complete rip-off.  Thanks, but I am an adult and I am quite capable of making up my mind on my own.

The seller has to decide what the item in question is worth to him/her.  Likewise, the buyer has to decide what the item is worth to him/her.  If they can come to an agreement on the worth a sale is made.  Otherwise it is not.

If you do not see the same value as the seller that is certainly your prerogative.  But it is not your right to crap on that asking price.  If it really is too high, the seller will soon find this out.  If it is not (regardless of what you think) it will sell and I dare say both parties will be happy about it.

Thanks,
Andrew

darkdep

Here's how it works folks:

- Person A posts an ad, with a price.
- Person B disagrees with the price.

Person B has 2 options:
- Do nothing.
- PM Person A to tell them what you think

If you think the price is too high, most likely others will as well.  You do not need to "educate" people.  As far as I'm concerned, if an item is $1 below the total retail cost, it can be posted and people can make up their own minds.

Let's look at it another way...let's look at the difference between "education" and "crapping":

Education: "Just FYI, I saw those new at BA for only about $10 more."

Crapping: "How much?  Yeah, good luck with that."

The first one will be appreciated by others; the second isn't.