New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New Fish Food Company: Aquarium Provisions

Started by darkdep, March 17, 2006, 09:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neon

I'd definately be interested also.  I have mostly livebearers.

babblefish1960

Quote from: "redbelly1"i will be interested too if your gonna be wiiling to make food for piranhas!!!!! :D  :lol:  8)  :D

:shock: Don't you feed your piranha live food, such as the neighbours kids or in-laws? :shock:

mssr. darkdep, I am intrigued by your enterprise, and applaud your obviously compassionate wife, who, clearly not from scarborough, is willing to get her kitchen messy for the sake of the fish we love.

Kudos, good luck, and may I be included in any possible orders for fish food you scare up.

Is there a free coconut cave with orders over ten pounds? :wink:

repeej

Quote from: "babblefish1960"and applaud your obviously compassionate wife, who, clearly not from scarborough,
Guess again...

darkdep

We don't have a company name at the moment; IMHO at this stage it's not important (but it will be).  Once we have our formulas finalized we'll do that.  It won't be McDarkDep's.  :)

And my wife is from Halifax; not from anywhere near Scarborough.  :)

babblefish1960

No wonder she's helping, she is from the land of hard work and  sea air.

How about Christopher's fancy five fathom fine foods, for the flavour of the wild, without all the mess, for the discerning fish connoisseur :D

Aiglos

Good for you Darkdep !  See you at the meeting

gonna_b_no_1

is there anything for livebearers yet???

apistome

I will definitely try your SA cichlid food!

darkdep

Ok folks, still early but some progress has been made.  Already have interest from several stores and a couple distributors.  Looks like this food is a viable product :)

Right now the following products will be available at our launch:

- African Mbuna Cichlid formula (high vegetable content)
- Discus formula (high in protein; lots of beefheart, liver, whitefish, shrimp)
- South American Dwarf Cichlid formula

Still being considered/developed:

- Goldfish formula
- Livebearer formula
- Oscar formula
- SW formulas (not for a while, tho)

Gearing up suppliers at the moment; things are coming together well and moving fast.  I really am rather surprised as to the demand for this stuff (and looking forward to supplying it!)

Anyone have any contacts with any packaging companies?  Looking to do flatpack zipper bags in a few different sizes.  Still calling around at this point but if anyone has a contact who's willing to work with me I'd love a pm on it.

Mettle

Glad to see this taking off so well for you! I'll hit you up with that goldfish recipe tomorrow. (When I'm not so dang tired, heh.)

babblefish1960

Darkdep
Check out this company for packaging.  They do the coffee bags for the company I work with, The Great Northwest Coffee Company, amazing coffee by the way(shameless plug--available at Ottawa Bagel):D Good pricing, quick delivery, versatile, they do frozen food packaging as well. They also print on foil, etc., these are the lowest prices we've come across in Canada, as well as California.
http://www.lynnpak.com/
It's in Gormley, Ontario. (905)888-9707.  Ask for Greg.

apistome

also I do not know what demand would be like, or the production cost, but I would be very interested in an organic fish food as well if you were considering making one.

darkdep

Ok folks, I'm having trouble coming up with a company name.  So, I'm gonna have a little contest.  I'm open to suggestions, and will award a free pack of food of your choice to the person who comes up with a name I end up using :)

And no, McDarkDep's won't fly :lol:

Mila

pegasus

Quote from: "Mila"NFF- Natural Fish Food
May not be acurate.... HMFF would... Home Made.. :lol: but that stink!

apistome

How about Pro-Visions?  
or Incredible Aqua-Edibles?
:)

mseguin

Ottawa Valley Aquatic Nutrition

Aiglos

Quote from: "mseguin"Ottawa Valley Aquatic Nutrition

Only if he honors the OVAS discount and sells to stores in the valley aswell ! :-)  

Or makes delivery trips to Pet

darkdep

Thinking about "Aquatic Provisions" at this point...(thanks apistome for 'pro-visions'!).  The word 'Provisions' technically leaves room if for some reason we ever come up with something else to sell.

What d'ya think?  Man, this is the hardest part of this enterprise...

Quatro

I was thinking Fish-a-licious but it turns out that it already exists.

Mike S