New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

A hint to users of this board

Started by dpatte, February 20, 2004, 09:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

I have been noticing that alot of people are using the embedded commands that are produced when you press the buttons on this message board text entry screen (such as the B button for bold, and the emoticons) or the URL button.

This is a good thing.

But to insure they work properly when you post, there is a checkbox below that says 'disable BB code in this post'. Make sure that that box is NOT checked or the commands such as
' wont work correctly  :roll:  and we will see the commands 'as is' instead of the way they where intended.

Also Marc, should we change the setup so that this option is NOT checked by default.

Marc

David,

If you want "disable BB code in this post" to be not checked by default, click on profile (top center of the page) then ensure that "Always allow BBCode" is set to yes, then save your profile.

I have just checked and noted that "Always allow BBCode" is set to yes by default when a new user account is created.

Marc

Marc

Quote from: "artw"is there a way to get a Quick Reply working?

Art,

If by a "quick reply" you mean that you would like a box at the bottom of the post where you enter your reply (without having to click on "post reply" first) then yes.. I think I can set that up.

I'll look into it and get back to you.

Marc

Marc

Art.... It's done.  At the bottom of the page... enter your text .. . click on "quick reply"

Marc