New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Amalgamating 'African Cichlids' with 'Freshwater Discussions'

Started by Adam, December 16, 2008, 09:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Just a thought to clean the site up a bit. 

There are posts from mid-October on the first page, which means it really doesn't get much posting or traffic.  Plus, a lot of issues with Africans have to do with freshwater as a whole.

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

blizzack1

Quote from: Adam on December 16, 2008, 09:20:37 AM
Just a thought to clean the site up a bit. 

There are posts from mid-October on the first page, which means it really doesn't get much posting or traffic.  Plus, a lot of issues with Africans have to do with freshwater as a whole.

Adam

Yeah, I remember there being a lot more posting about African Cichlids when it was part of the larger forum... I learned a lot from these postings about water/disease/etc.  Now, there is, as you mention, next to nothing.

KLKelly

My two cents - I'm glad they were separated.  I hated reading about all the aggression and "she killed another one" or killed a pleco or ate an eye ball or terrorizing or killed off the whole tank.  I found it quite depressing and wished some of the cichlid posts had a cichlid flag or a warning on them.  I hated being surprised by these types of threads.  I can avoid them now for the most part.  still some surprising posts in FW every once in a while but not like when they were together.  Maybe things have mellowed out - I wouldn't know because I don't read that section.