New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My 180g, 4 sided viewable project thread

Started by Hookup, August 28, 2009, 10:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincenzo.

again. bad-a$$. that thing is mind blowing. all i can picture is the amount of light that 'could' produce.

veron

awsome lighting! who's that funny looking guy with you ;)

Hookup

salvini55

Whats going on in the basement? keeping the exsisting set up? Sorry if im being ignorant and you posted the answer already  ;D

Hookup

The existing sump is staying virtually as-is.  It'll get a load of LR from the existing display added to it, the cheato-zone will be... better.. .lol.  right now it sucks... But no, in general no plans for change. down stairs...

White Lightning

That is one sharp looking fixture! Very sleek! Can't wait to see the blinding effect I am sure it will have.

bitterman

The suspense is killing me! Any more progress :P

This is going to be wicked when it running!

Bruce

Hookup

great news!  I've made some decisions about the tank and can start to move forward.

I cannot go into the details right now, but I will be using the existing tank, though I will be sending it back to have the eurobracing replaced with starphire.

I have significantly modified the internal flow from the two closed loops to create the effect that I believe will work well for the system.  This includes a small maintenance task of monthly taking a power-head and blasting the rock-work of detritius... which is a good practice IMO anyhow.

Next steps
1) get the hole pattern transfered to a piece of ply-wood
2) open up the wall and build the stand
3) create the plumbing and encase it in DIY cement
4) recieve the fixed-up tank and install the DIY coated plumbing
5) connect plumbing
6) transfer the system from the existing DT to the new one.

I'm pretty darn jazzed about this and expect to start ripping walls open etc imminantly... yes, this means my house will be a bit of a mess for the holidays, but the holidays is when I expect to get this all done... hopefully be up and running very soon... If the tank can have the eurobracing replaced before the end of december, I figure I can be up and running in the first week of jan!!!!

Severum

This is very exciting. I will be happy to award you TOTY when its all said and done. :)

Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

bitterman

Glad to hear you are making progress again. Good luck, I'll be watching the thread!

Bruce

Contains Moose

if you get some plastic plugs made the same size as frag plugs you can insert them in the cement rock work, remove them later, it will make frag mounting a piece of cake.

Hookup

Quote from: Contains Moose on December 10, 2009, 01:09:14 PM
if you get some plastic plugs made the same size as frag plugs you can insert them in the cement rock work, remove them later, it will make frag mounting a piece of cake.

This could be Idea of the year right here!  I have such an issue mounting frags.

salvini55

are you talking about DIY rocks? Cuz thats a great idea.

Hookup

Quote from: salvini55 on December 10, 2009, 06:09:09 PM
are you talking about DIY rocks? Cuz thats a great idea.

Yes... i'm creating pipe work for the two over-flows and the return, as well as for the closed-loop lines... that pipework will be 100% hidden inside DIY rock (cement)...  During that process, I'll try to get some spots pre-egineered for frag-plugins...  (ps frag plugins is now trademarked, you owe me $1 every time you use it).

Vincenzo.

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!!!!

Hookup

Rybren

Talk about lazy!  It's been 6 days since the last pic.  What have you been doing all this time?   ;D
120G Reef

Snider82

come-on hookup!   when you post a pic of your tank (that your shiping back)   or a pic of a wall laying on the floor,  ill update my build pics

Contains Moose

I would like to see a pic of the missing hole.