New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Sold Items

Started by 93GTCANADA, January 19, 2010, 09:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

93GTCANADA

So many people do not put SOLD once their items are sold. It would be so much easier for everyone if people would indicate it. I sent so many PM's to have them answer sold or some don't answer at all. A little annoyed with this.

Snider82

i hear ya,  but its a difficult thing to control I'm sure.   people just don't go back and mark it sold. I wonder if there is a way to limit everyone to one post in there.. that way you have to go back and delete it in order to add another....  at least it would cut down on some.

fischkopp

Technically speaking, everyone is responsible to REMOVE their own post after their items are sold. Sadly, many just don't care.

Quote from: Snider82 on January 19, 2010, 10:08:19 AM
I wonder if there is a way to limit everyone to one post in there..
Actually, we were thinking about that ...
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

pminister

Those suggestions would help. But to point out one reply, I thought we as regular users can't delete our own posts. Unless we can which total news to me !

fischkopp

Quote from: pminister on January 19, 2010, 12:44:22 PM
Those suggestions would help. But to point out one reply, I thought we as regular users can't delete our own posts. Unless we can which total news to me !

Not so new ...
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=35277.0

Which points out the second part of the problem: people don't read what they are supposed to do ... although these are already stickies in the c/f board ... maybe we need to change the topic name to "FREE" ...
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

pminister

Skimming through threads is an addictive problem ! I can vouch for myself that I have done that few times... :-[

Won't happen on my part... :)

pminister

I got a neat idea ! How about an expiration for a thread, in the classifieds only. Say after the 30days the thread automatically gets deleted off the server, and I am sure it doesn't take that long to sell something anyway. Plus there is no reason to have it archived on the server for more then 30days, plus it will be save some free room for storage on the server side. Let alone one less thing to be backed up.

Just an idea........I think its great ! Though may require some tinkering by the AWSOME WEB ADMINISTRATOR !  :D

mikerobart

I've always just deleted the thread when it is sold, I think that's the best way for sure.

pminister

Quote from: mikerobart on January 19, 2010, 01:14:52 PM
I've always just deleted the thread when it is sold, I think that's the best way for sure.
^^^it is just simple as that folks !

fischkopp

Quote from: pminister on January 19, 2010, 01:13:50 PM
How about an expiration for a thread, in the classifieds only. Say after the 30days the thread automatically gets deleted off the server

That's on the to-do-(wish)-list ...  ;)
my fish suck

Snider82

i guess this would be a good chance to show appreciation to the club coordinators, and web-site mod's/admin.  Thanks! :)       sometime I'm sure everyone takes it for granted that this is here, tho its alot of work on other people's end.

RossW

I just did some cleanup of my old ads... the only way I could find my ads where to search Classified but I had to specify a word to search for, even when I specified myself as the poster.  Thus, I searched for things like FS, LF, WTB.

Is there an easier way to find all my ads?

Ross

fischkopp

Quote from: RossW on January 25, 2010, 02:31:53 PM

Yup, do it right away and you won't have to search for it. :)

Thanks for actually doing that!
my fish suck

garnpet

Quote from: RossW on January 25, 2010, 02:31:53 PM
Click on your username and near the bottom of the profile information you will see a link that will show you all your posts.

[attachment deleted by admin]
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

RossW

Quote from: garnpet on January 25, 2010, 03:01:59 PM
Click on your username and near the bottom of the profile information you will see a link that will show you all your posts.

For me that is 49 pages  :-\

bitterman

Its 67 pages for me Ross so....., if you do an advanced search and search only in the classified forum, and User for example Bitterman*  I also do a search of FS and FT etc.

Normally gets all the Classified ads I have posted.

Bruce

RossW

Bruce, that is what I did but my point is that if it was one click instead of some creativity and 5 clicks and several searches more people might be inclined to do it.

bitterman

Quote from: RossW on January 25, 2010, 06:15:32 PM
Bruce, that is what I did but my point is that if it was one click instead of some creativity and 5 clicks and several searches more people might be inclined to do it.

I agree 100% with you.

Bruce