New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Clogging the classifieds?

Started by Al, September 01, 2010, 09:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

I love the opportunity of usig the classifieds for both selling and buying equipment. When we sell equipment, obviously as sellers we like our equipment to be listed in the first page or 2 of the listings - and as buyers we would rather not scroll through 5 pages of listings, possibly repetitive listings. What I am finding lately is several sellers that have taken to posting equipment in numerous ads - rather than just the one ad. Just my 2 cents but I find this a little overboard - why does one seller need to take up half of the first page with their listings that could be condensed into one ad with an appropriate heading. It just clutters up the site and pushes every other ad "to the back of the bus". Just my 2 cents.

markw

I agree Al. Its usually the same people and as you suggest...it just bogs down the system for everyone else. Maybe that's how they like to deal with perceived competition, and bounce them from the front page.

bergenm

I think it is a personal preference as to how one post in the classifieds. Personally I prefer the multiple posting method for many reasons:

1) I can look at the title and see if it is relevant to me

2) If it is bumped, I am not having to read about a the items already sold

3) It's clean and the information is relevant, in this case the individual even took the time to post pictures so that you can see what is for sale

4) It's easier to refer back to at a later date - for example I had been contemplating buying your AP40 pump you currently have for sale. I wanted to have another look at the link you had posted - It took me a long time to find the original listing for the pump because it is under a generic header and buried in a long list of items

5) you can group some items like pump and heaters, but 30 africans and a 10 gallon set-up should not be posted together, someone will infer they are intended for each other...

That's my two cents...
Michael

Al

Some good points made, especially point 4 about searching for past items that would be made easier to find under a single item post.