New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

150 peninsula

Started by salvini55, September 29, 2010, 03:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severum

You've moved so many times I don't know where you live anymore! I'll be driving around aimlessly straining to hear some guy saying sperm like a weirdo! :)
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

salvini55

salvini55

I managed to kill everything during the move. I figured a heater would be fine without a controller for 7 hours... Oh how I was wrong >:(

here is the new scape

Cheebs

Nice!!

I'm really sorry to hear about everything you lost though, that was a beautiful tank :(

dan2x38

Sorry dude that's terrible! If you want can give ya a couple frags of something or other to get ya up and going: monti digta (sp) might even have a head of green torch could pull out some heads of green neon mushroom if you are into softies at all... & some zoa heads... it's something?

OH I did something similar with a heater but after 1.5 hrs I was back at the new place and decided I better check the temp was souring so I was able to catch it to avert disaster... no skill I was lucky.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Severum

I'm sorry to hear about your tank. I will really miss your trochus snails. And your documentary videos about them.
Regards,
Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

salvini55

Thanks phil, vafa I know, its going to be tough for me aswell. when the ones I gave you reproduce, im first on the list.

Dan thank you for your generocity, I will let you keep the corals, maybe hold some kind of contest to win them...  :) Im going to be very selective of the corals this time around. thanks again though, much appreciated

Hookup

Quote from: salvini55 on August 17, 2011, 05:13:47 AM
Im going to be very selective of the corals this time around. thanks again though, much appreciated

i like this... :)

space is so very limited... even in relatively large aquariums... it fills up fast...

Severum

Yo Kev, I may still have a couple of your snails in my sump. You're welcome to them. They aren't reproducing in my tank but maybe once back in yours...
Regards,
Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

salvini55

you know buddy, I dont think I could pass that up! are you sure? because I will take you up on that when im ready to go  8)

Severum

Yo got it. I saw one in my sump this morning. There may be more.
Regards,
Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

dan2x38

Look forward to the updated pictures. I hear ya about coral space. My system is now over 1.5 yrs and I've stopped buying new corals until things fill out more to see where I'm going next with the aquascaping.

Post a link to these snails like to see them?
Voltaire:

salvini55

I am also looking forward to updated pics  ;D other than some modifications to the sump room, not much has changed..

As for the Trochus snails, check out a couple pages back (page 5 i believe) post #98 and there is a vid of them spawning, please disregard the commentary, it gets very lonely in that basement....

salvini55

Just realised I havent uploaded any sump pics on this forum. These are pics of the room with updated lighting. Its a little messy but still a work in progress

and this guy is doing everything he can to slow me down

This guy isnt helping much either

Looks like im sitting on the floor again...  >:(

Cheebs

A little messy? Heck it's cleaner than my display tank room! Very nice setup, and the pups are super cute ;)

dan2x38

Kev I tired to figure out what your plumbing line in the 2nd photo far left going up the highest is for. It is a 1" line on your closed loop Teeing off - is it a drain? Went through the entire thread again but couldn't wrap my brain around it?
Voltaire:

salvini55

Thanks phil, mainly the table top is messy.

Dan that is a drain line going off the CL for water changes. It takes me 30 seconds to do a WC!!! sweeeet. the pipe wraps around the room to the sink on the otherside. It is 3/4 inch, only two diameters of pipe, 3/4 and 1 1/2. The only thing I want to change is where the ball valve is on that return line. It is under the tee off and i need it above to get max flow for the drain.

Hookup

Very organized and clean... Nice setup..   

Great Dogs!

dan2x38

Yes very clean like the setup. I figured that had to be a drain great idea! can't wait to see the final product this time.

Another question the water drains from the display through the input closed loop closest to that drain line? You stuck off the ball value below that Tee I guess?
Voltaire:

salvini55

Thanks Tim

Dan, the drain is fed by the closed loop input(s). both inputs connect to a common line. I have an idea to resolve my problem. I can unscrew the unions and "flip" the section upside down. The only problem that would create would be the ball valve that controls the output on that line would be facing the tank. Not a big deal though.

Good news, $600 surplus from over-budgeting!!!!! CUC here I come!