New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

green star polyps not green anymore

Started by 10gnano, June 24, 2011, 02:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10gnano

hey guys. got a nice piece of green star polyps about 2 or so months ago. i guess it went into shock when it was first introduced to my tank  it stayed closed for weeks. not it is opened up and growing. but it is no longer green. the middle of the poly is white as per usual. but the rest of it is kindof a tan colour. i was wondering if tbe zooanthid will come back to being green. any thoughts

dan2x38

Maybe posting your parameters will help? Plus feeding habits and your lighting.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Darth

could be high phosphates I know my zoa brown up when phosphates are high

HappyGuppy

All of mine turned that brown tan color. I got a couple of a ride is because I thought that it was just a bad sprain that I had.  Last 1 I got it was very green and then in my tank it turns brown.  A little while ago I got better lights for my tank And all of them turn a beautiful green color.  Also some of my other corals also colored beautifully.  From my experience lock of light oregon sufficient light would result in that brown color.  If your tank has very low lights or improper lights then invest in getting a better lighting system and youll probably discover that quickly enough itll turn green for you.  However if your lights are adequate  then perhaps it is some other problem that the other experts on this form can help you with