New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

20k gallon tank in Wisonsin

Started by bt, September 23, 2011, 11:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hookup

I've never liked the cement tank's with glass wall builds... All I see is maintenance and scuba diving to do it... which, would be fun once but not 2x a week.. OMG... no way...  and if i had that kind of money, i'd rather just fly around and scuba on the actual reefs of the world... 

But these are monster tanks... and they can have some pretty interesting critters in them cause of their massive size...

JetJumper

Thats pretty awesome that the guy built his own SCADA system.  And the fact that he is a highschool drop out that started his own business before 20 and now look what he has.  Good for him!

And the fact he made his own skimmers using his shops CNC machine.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

bt

Yeah, the level of DIY that went into this tank is insane.  Just about the only thing he didn't do himself was pour the cement - and he mentions there was a problem with how that was done that he had to compensate for.

robt18

Woooow. Every single aspect covered it seems... amazing build. It must be nice to be able to do exactly what you want with every element of your system regardless of cost.