New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What's going on with the Oakville Store?

Started by ajm1961, January 18, 2012, 12:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

Just checked out BigAlsCanada.ca - Oakville is selling off all their massive display tanks...
so, are they getting out of the business?
Curious minds want to know...

And hey, forum members, anyone interested in a 1200 or 5000 gallon display tank?
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Fishnut

OMG...those are AMAZING tanks!

Maybe I'll in the lottery this weekend and buy one. ;D

2075turner

LOL, I want it.

Norm and I will have an interesting conversation tonight  ;D

cdylnicki

Nope moving to a bigger location which will now sell small pets and dog/cat stuff.  I helped open that store back in the day - when that huge tank was still shrink wrapped. Excited to see what it will become.

elk

How would you these tanks out the front door.

18 feet long by 10 feet high

rgauvin

Quote from: elk on January 18, 2012, 02:18:37 PM
How would you these tanks out the front door.

18 feet long by 10 feet high

At that size, is it an aquarium, a pool, or maybe a little bit of both?

ajm1961

Quote from: cdylnicki on January 18, 2012, 02:17:45 PM
Nope moving to a bigger location which will now sell small pets and dog/cat stuff.  I helped open that store back in the day - when that huge tank was still shrink wrapped. Excited to see what it will become.
Wow - I didn't know you worked at BAs! You have insider knowledge! (I may have to bug you for an interview for the newsletter, but that's another story)

If they are moving to a larger location, why don't they just move the tanks there? It seems they are taking a huge hit by selling them off - I can't see why they would want to buy new ones at those prices!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

cdylnicki

Good question.  I will try to find out about the tank.
Its probably Al wanting to make a change for an even better display as oakville was his show store (for showing perspective franchisees).  And also to promote big awesome tanks to those rich oakvillians!