New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

help I'd please

Started by dustinm, February 26, 2012, 12:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustinm

Hey guys I have noticed a few diferent spots on my live rock ( attached pictUres) sorry for the crappy pics but there have little green finger like tenacles they react to light turning off and on- feeding - powerhead movement each spot probably has 10 or so small tenacles (lol I don't know what to call them) I have looked at pics on the internet but I haven't seen anything like it . I am hoping you guys have some ideas

Thanks
Dustin

JetJumper

do they look similar to this?

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

dustinm

Thanks for the reply jetjumper it is hard to tell the spots on my live rock are about the size of a nickel and about 10 little heads that are about 5cm long after looking at some more pics the closet thing I have found are Green Polyp Leather

When I feed the fish the little head thing go nuts almost like they are trying to grab the food

There are 8 different spots all on different rocks

JetJumper

So it looks like this?

Its possible.. do you have a leather in your tank that might have dropped 'babies' off?

dustinm

Not 100% but really look similar I don't have much for corals just what has hitchhiked on live rock I have 1 toownie size purple poylp and 5 little brown polyps that I have yet to figure out what it is called but these green ones are really cool it seems to be multiping quicky if this really is Green Polyp Leather is there anything you recomend I do to maintain them

Thanks jetjumper for your time

Dustin

JetJumper

If you can get some better pictures of the corals in the tank, I am sure we should be able to help you ID them all :)

As for care of a leather coral, they are one of the more hardier corals that don't really need much in the way of care.  I find that if you water is TOO clean, they don't do so well.  Lighting, leathers do not like high light, or they will bleach out and look ghostly.