New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Jon's 75g Reef Project

Started by Slider777, May 14, 2012, 05:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slider777

Hey,

I started putting the pieces for this build together back in October, but didn't add water until March 3rd.  I've been up and running a little over 2 months now and so far so good.  It hasn't been completely smooth sailing but overcoming the obstacles has been part of the fun.  :P 

Here's the hardware breakdown:
- Skimz 161 protein skimmer
- trigger systems 30g sump
- mag 7 return pump
- 2 BRS media reactors (carbon/GFO)
- Lights, 1 XHO 50/50 Reefbrite, 2 Compact Reefbrites one blue one white
- mp 40
- korolia 750
- Apex Tank Controller
- Tunze ATO system

LiveStock:
- 2 Ocellaris Clowns
- 1 Hippo Tang

Corals:
- Frogspawn (From Phil)
- Brain
- Zoanthid (not doing well)

Alright here are the pics.

My not soo good zoanthid

That's it for now. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks.

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Greatwhite

Looks nice.. you might consider relocating the zoas to about 1/2 way up for a little more light.  Some people have told me that the like lower light or bottom of the tank, and others have told me top of the tank, bright light.  In my own experience - higher up gets them opening better.

Mine also like medium-ish, indirect flow...

I love zoas.. They are generally easy to care for, and add some nice color to the tank!

(also look very close for little brown nudibranches - I've been seeing them very often these days on zoa colonies)

Slider777

I think mine have a nudibranch or something eating them.  They were open and looked great for the first 3 days I had them but since then they've been closing up and disappearing.  I've dipped them twice since and I'm constantly looking to see if I can see anything eating them but haven't been successful at finding the cause.  I'll just have to keep looking.

Slider777

I just confirmed it, it's brown nudibranches eating my zoas. I've dipped this colony twice, talk about resilient little buggers. If anyone knows where to get some Coralrx let me know; seems to be hard to track down lately... perfect time to run out  :'(