New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

??? Is this a anemone crab or??

Started by bandit, May 26, 2012, 02:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit

Is this a anemone crab or is it a flush down the toilet crab or banish to sump crab. I found this guy hanging out in my green birdsnest his shel is the size of a penny

az

trapezia, reef safe, retails $7 - $19.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

bandit

thanks for the input, cool hitchhiker :)

DrReefer

Nice little critter you found there !

bandit

he is pretty cool hangs out in the birdsnest and comes out when I feed, to clean.

Greatwhite

wow.. that's one nice looking crab. :) I love crabs -- and shrimp -- and anything that lives in my tank, really.

It's always nice to get a good hitch hiker in your tank... :)

Severum

Wow thats an SPS killing predatorial crab... ya, thats the ticket... I'll be happy to take him off your hands and put him in my reef... errr sump.

;D
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

bandit

Im pretty attached to him now he is always out in the open just chillin in his coral, and wont leave it for anything.
he adds some good color to the green birdsnest

Greatwhite

Yeah.. generally I've found that bad guys that eat good things -- look a lot like the good things they eat.  Zoa eating nudibranches are nearly the same color as the zoa they eat.  If you find a bright red crab in the middle of a green birds nest - he's probably not going to be eating that coral. :)

When I started, I was up all night some nights with an LED headlight looking over my rocks for hitch hikers... Now my rock is all about 7 years old, so all I get are occasional critters riding on a coral.

I might have to go see if Az has some of these guys...  My emerald crab could use a friend.

bandit

Here is a update of the guy he never leaves the branches, hard to get a picture of him

Uploaded with ImageShack.us