New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Boxing Day Sale

Started by ajm1961, December 15, 2012, 10:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

So, when can we expect the flyer?
:P
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

BizFromQC

Got mine in the mail today ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

daworldisblack

I am waiting for mine in the mail just in case its different but this is one i have seen:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/big-als/boxing-day-madness-6964/?page=6#flyer
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Is this flyer for mississauga and scarborough only? At the bottom of page 6 it says two locations to serve you better an only mentions those two. I hope not, because the deals on the six page flyer are insanely good.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Stussi613

Quote from: daworldisblack on December 17, 2012, 09:47:58 PM
I believe thats the biweekly fish(e) sales.. there should be a boxing week flyer too :)

It says Boxing Day Clearance and has the holiday hours right at the top of the flyer in the link...

I haz reef tanks.

bizfromqc

Quote from: exv152 on December 18, 2012, 08:39:16 AM
Is this flyer for mississauga and scarborough only? At the bottom of page 6 it says two locations to serve you better an only mentions those two. I hope not, because the deals on the six page flyer are insanely good.

The one I got in the mail is exactly like the one posted in the link. All 6 pages so it looks like the deals are for all locations.

Severum

Dirt cheap salt, but that mail in rebate stuff doesn't work. They say 3 pails per reciept but then only give 1 rebate. Booo... :(
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

lucius

Someone once told me that those mail-in rebates are a gimmick so that telemarketers can get your contact info.  You may get some money back on the rebate but companies turn around and sell your info for way more than what they pay out therefore making a profit.

Nerine

I got mine in the mail too!! YAY!! got it a couple days ago :) and am excited!!!! need stuff hehehe
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

yellowtang

Regarding the mail in rebate.
I purchased salt last boxing day sale and got the
Check for the amount promised... took 5 weeks but
No issues..
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

ajm1961

I got my flyer, I got my flyer...
Now the wife says if I buy another tank, I'm toast!
Ideas on how to sneak in a 75 gallon?...
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

SlyAngel

That's pretty hard to do! If ever you know how........just let me know... :P
I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

Stussi613

Quote from: ajm1961 on December 20, 2012, 07:35:34 AM
I got my flyer, I got my flyer...
Now the wife says if I buy another tank, I'm toast!
Ideas on how to sneak in a 75 gallon?...

Distract her with new Angel Fish  ;D
I haz reef tanks.

sas

So I've been waiting patiently for my flyer to arrive and beginning to get antsy :-\.
Had to do some late shopping this morning so jump in the car and low and behold there's my flyer, on the floor of the car a little worse for wear, wet and dirty. ::)
So put the question to hubby, when did that arrive? He says oh I don't know the other day I guess.
I guess my wings had been clipped and I didn't even know it :(.
I will get even, just wait til the new Lee Valley catalog comes in, or doesn't 8). ;D

Habsfan

Messing with the Lee Valley Catalog sounds like the beginning of Mutually Assured Destruction.  Make sure you know what you are doing!  ;D

sas

;D ;D
Oh rest assured I do 8).

Messing with " my" Big Als' flyer is grounds for........... well we won't
go there :D.