New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

MY Brevis had babies Woohoo!!

Started by Pisidan, April 18, 2004, 01:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pisidan

I would like to announce my first batch of brevis fry looked this morning and I saw 2 fry near the entrance to the shell...I am very excited LOL cant wait to see the little boogers!!!

328iGuy

Quote from: "Pisidan"I would like to announce my first batch of brevis fry looked this morning and I saw 2 fry near the entrance to the shell...I am very excited LOL cant wait to see the little boogers!!!

Did she only have 2 fry or is she still holding some that she hasn't spit?

Congrats!  8)

Pisidan

I only saw 2 but there may be more in the shell I will have to wait and see :) Dont know if brevis hold or not...I thought the eggs and fry are in the shell have to look into that and see!!

328iGuy

Quote from: "Pisidan"I only saw 2 but there may be more in the shell I will have to wait and see :)

The fun begins!

Pisidan

Ok now I counted at least 6 and I think I saw a bit more movement at the edge of the shell inside but at least 6 anyways LOL so exciting!! I have included a pic couldnt get to close dont want to bother them sorry for the crappy pic best I could do given the situation!! The fry are circled in red woohoo!!

artw

glad to see they are breeding.  no they are not mouthbrooders they spawn like regular fish.

Pisidan

It is so exciting LOL!!! Im happy they r breeding only took me moving them to their own little tank!!

ambushman2j

lol like regular fish..so malawi are irregular? :p

luvfishies

Awesome! Congrats on the little shellies!

Pisidan

thanxs the excitement mounts LOL