New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My fish

Started by Mike L, February 05, 2014, 05:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike L

I have finally posted some pic of my fish in my gallery if anybody is interested.
Mike

ajm1961

I really like the Calvus! Nice colours!
Also the Neolamprologus Tretocephalus - the barring first made me think it was a Frontosa!

How are you making out with live plants in that tank? (it looks like live plants to me...)

Thanks for posting!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

sanny

Woah, love the set up and the fish. Calvus is beautiful! Keep it up.

Mike L

Thanks guys. They are real plants. I was having serious problems with algae as you can see. It was a lot worse then it is now. I have cut the light in half and shortened the time on  as well. The beard algae is hard to remove though. I have one more tank to set up. A 55 gallon. after that I would have to get rid of furniture and that won't happen or my wife will get rid of me. Ha Ha

lucius

Papdul16

Mike,

Very nice mix of fish , great job with the tanks
The Leluppi and Calvus that I sold you look great.

Did you sell the black Calvus ?
7 tanks running of African cichlids

Dxpert

Great looking tanks Mike! Too bad you don't have those multies any more :)

Mike L

Yes I did sell the black calvus. He was difficult to part with but he was constantly attacking the yellow and I prefer the yellows. Of course now I'm setting up a 55 and would have been able to put him there so I will have to keep an eye open for a new black. I will be breeding cyps or paracyps and cylindricus in that tank. BTW the yellow's I got from you in the spring are starting to breed for me.
Mike

Papdul16

let me know if you need more black calvus
maybe I can trade for some yellow or gold
7 tanks running of African cichlids