New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Call for volunteer speaker for seniors home...

Started by ajm1961, March 20, 2015, 06:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

Passing this on - anyone interested, please contact the undersigned...
==============
Hello,

I am a program coordinator for a non-profit Adult Day Program that operates on Mondays and Thursdays at the Ron Kolbus Centre.  We have 12 clients on each day that have mild impairments (visual, hearing, mobility and/or at early stages of Dementia).  I am always looking for different volunteer special guests to come and visit us for a presentation or a performance.  I thought it could be really neat for the clients to have a presentation on fish (especially with lots of photographs since there's definitely so many beautiful types).  Would you happen to have any fish enthusiasts in your group that would enjoy volunteering some of their time to speak to our group about marine life?  We can have presentations from 10:30-11:30 or 1:30-2:30.  We also have a Lunch Program at The Olde  Forge (2730 Carling) on Wednesdays that could have a presentation at 1:15.  We hope to hear from you since could be a very enjoyable presentations for our clients!

Warm Regards,

Vanessa Jackson
Recreation Program Coordinator
The Olde Forge Community Resource Centre
613-829-9777 ext. 230
www.oldeforge.ca
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!