New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Always knew I'd get another aquarium....

Started by CichlidFanatic, May 23, 2018, 02:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CichlidFanatic

Due to....life... I've been out of the hobby for 5-6 years but recently purchased several (why start small) aquariums I'm hoping to stock with African Cichlids from the various lakes.
My gf was actually afraid of fish previously (It was comical watching her feed them at a friends place) Now she is more "obsessed" than I am.
She suffers from a Traumatic brain injury and isn't able to read much or watch tv often so the fish have done wonders for her anxiety. 
We met many great people at the Auction and are looking forward to getting out to the meetings as members and being among like minded people.

Hopefully I can find some of her wish list......

Pundamilia nyererei
Metriaclima Estherae " Red Zebra" OB and Orange
Cyanerhabdos "Maingano",
Neolamprologus pulcher
Protomelas taeniolatus "Red Empress"
Stuartgranti Rubescens "Ruby Red"
Stuartgranti Ngara "Flame tail"
Sperengerae "Rusty"
Julidochromis marlieri "Gombe"
Labidochromis caeruleus "Yellow Lab"
Aulonocara jacobfreibergi "Lemon Jake"

Jody

Hi And welcome ,
   Might as well start with a bunch of tanks, it often goes that way anyways.
Big Al's sometimes has a few of those, but if you are ever up for a road trip, the best selection in Ontario is Finatics in Toronto.
I look forward to seeing you at some meetings

Jody

CichlidFanatic

Thank You Jody. I do check Big Als weekly as I live in the area. Picked up a trio of peacocks a few weeks ago. Thank you for the tips. Toronto is out of my reach so I'll be hoping to make some contacts at the next meeting once they start up again in Sept.