New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Combining driftwood together

Started by matttimms49, June 15, 2018, 12:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matttimms49

Does anyone have any tips or methods for attaching to pieces of driftwood to each other?

Could I use silicone or super glue?

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

Christianloug

Not exactly sure, I've heard super glue works well, and I think you could use silicone if it was ment for aquariums, tbh I'd like to know the answer to this myself

Eackone

I've used super glue with no problem but mostly for smaller pieces.
I'm assuming it would work for big pieces but you might want to use plants or moss to cover up areas where the glue shows.
I've used light braid fishing line to hold bigger pieces together. Depending what you go for it might no work though.

Only Gel Super glue by the way!

matttimms49

This is on Malaysian driftwood. Want to secure a piece hanging down, so need it to be strong.

It's kind of hidden from view because rid the aquarium trim so I don't mind using a lot of glue or silicone to make it work( aquarium safe of course  ;) )

Anyone ever used reef epoxy resin for driftwood?

ksj

Both super glue and GE silicone I are both aquarium safe (Super glue just has to be completely dry and the silicone needs 1-3 days to cure).
If you don't think super glue can handle the weight, go for the silicone. It works great. You can get GE silicone I at Canadian tire. Just do not put silicone on dry silicone. It will not stick.
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

limmer

You could use stainless steel screws.