New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

First C.A.R.E.S fish - Trigonostigma Somphongsi

Started by matttimms49, September 13, 2018, 10:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matttimms49

Recently adopted my first c.a.r.e.s fish Trigonostigma Somphongsi. Really happy to try and learn more about these guys and would love to get them to breed one day.

Also hope to get better photos soon :)

Christianloug

That's super cool! What family are they in? Is there a more common name for it?

Kalemh

Christianloug

@kalemh a c.a.r.e.s fish is a fish that has been pronounced by the cares organization to be indangered, the whole point of them is to reproduce them, and rehabilitation and then release in the wild, hopefully with more than u started with, u will get certificates for different years and species you own and maintain

matttimms49

I was inspired to keep something on the c.a.r.e.s list after the club meeting by Klaus last season.

Trigonostigma Somphongsi are a type of rasbora. Very similar to the Espei Rasboras but smaller :)

matttimms49

charlie

Hey Matt, thanks for posting this, I did miss that presentation and because of your post  I have some interest in acquiring some of these incredible fish.
Can you or anyone point me and others where we can get some?
Please continue to update us on this project

Regards Errol

matttimms49

I will be doing a tank update in the upcoming days, that ms for the gentle push :)

I got the Rasboras from afishanados. They do have some more in stock at the moment also.  ;)