New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Guest Speaker Accommodations

Started by Gilbotron, September 19, 2018, 02:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbotron

Quite often our guest speakers would rather stay with a club member than a hotel, so I am soliciting all members if ever you would be interested in hosting one of our speakers in your home.  Its a great opportunity to be able to spend some time with another fish fanatic that is also an expert in their field. Plus its a great way to make new friends from out of town!

Depending on where they are coming from this usually involves...
- Picking them up and dropping them off (train/bus station)
- Providing a bed(room) for the night and a few meals
- Getting them to/from the meeting
- Entertaining them during the day of the meeting (usually a Monday)

If this is something you would be interested in assisting with, please PM me and I will add your name to my list.  Also, if you are interested in helping with just a few of the items above (especially entertaining on the Monday given its hard to find people that don't work Mondays!), let me know - every little bit helps! 

Thanks in advance!

Jody

Hi.
I am certainly willing to offer my time and place for a visitor. We have a guest room.
I can often shift my hours around a bit to be able to pick up and take the speaker around a bit, and I am off Tuesdays so that works for getting them back to the bus or train or whatever.

Peter Lim is normally willing too.

Jody