New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Want to try your hand at making a HOB or just working with acrylic?

Started by CC-Slider, March 08, 2019, 08:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC-Slider

Many members already know about our local Fish Youtube star FISHMAN. Well his last video he has put out he is offering pre-cut acrylic HOB's and maybe a few other things that he can ship in a flat pack and you can then glue it together. He will also have a video with steps on how to glue it together.

Here is the link to his video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5OYqnXsAog&t=0s

Maybe we can get a small group order in and have them dropped off at the club. To save on shipping.
Or even getting one or two and have a demonstration at a meeting on glueing it together.

Just putting this out there, in case you don't already have all the next meetings planned.
"Quando omni flunkus, moritati"
"when all else fails, play dead"

Black_Rose

th3budd

Hi BLACK_ROSE,

If you'd like to include a video right in the body of your post like this . . .

Click the link below to download a PDF with some simple instructions.

tanksalot360

Fishman has a great collection of videos. I highly recommend checking out his builds. I also enjoy the experimental approach to new and old
problems in the aquarium. He does make an appearance at our meetings from time to time as well.

Gilbotron

I live around the corner from him and can easily pickup and bring to a meeting if you place an order.

We're also looking to do some workshops at the meetings for April and/or May. If this is something that interests people I can try to get him to come out if his work schedule permits.  He does lots of great DIY projects that are more in the realm of reasonable for the average fish keeper.  Filters, brine shrimp hatcheries, LED strip lights, hob plant filters...