New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Searching for Prazipro!

Started by CMH28, August 20, 2019, 11:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMH28

Hello everyone! I'm brand new to the forum. I have a beautiful 5 month old male koi betta who seems to have gill flukes. I've been searching everywhere for PraziPro, but have been told that new Canadian legislation from last fall has severely restricted the availability of common medications. Does anyone own it already? (i.e. did anyone purchase it before the changes came into effect?) I was hoping I might be able to purchase a dose or two from someone who already has it. I would happily come to you and pay cash. Thank you! 
(I have tried Big Al's, Critter Jungle, Petsmart, and several veterinarians in Ottawa. No luck. I am currently treating with the best alternative I could find, Herbtana MicrobeLift but it doesn't seem to be helping. Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate are all within acceptable parameters so the water quality is not the issue. I think the flukes came in on a newly purchased plants. My own fault, as I was too nervous to try using bleach on them.) I hate to see the poor little fish suffer like this and I'm grateful for any help you can offer. Thanks in advance.