New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Angelfish won’t eat and stays in corner of tank

Started by Tamaradebra, March 30, 2020, 08:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamaradebra

He also seems to have a bit of swelling around the head but hard to tell. He does not have a big mouth or signs of any disease I can find. He  is about 4-5". Feeding bug bites but also flakes recently to try and entice him. It's as though he doesn't even see the food (nothing wrong with his eyes). I can't get antibiotics so offering it free to anyone who may be able to help. He was alone in a large tank and now he shares a 32g with two small angels and 10 cardinal tetras. Any advice appreciated.

Calico3

I keep Angelfish and I usually find if they stop eating you have an emergency.  The only thing I can suggest is that if you have any garlic or  garlic liquid of any type you add to your flakes to entice it or  with the pellets .  I usually try to rotate the foods I use.  Also try not to feed too much  at one time.

Hope your guy starts eating .  I also suggest that you take a look at your water parameters . A small water change may benefit the whole tank.  Hope all improves. Good luck.