New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Another one netted & seeking worm culture

Started by Jengos, December 06, 2022, 08:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jengos

18 months after setting up an aquarium for my son, I've got multiple tank syndrome and a bewildered spouse.

Obsessed with planted tanks, walstad method, freshwater deep sand beds, ripariums, and culturing live food.

...which is what drove me to finally stop lurking and ask you all: Got a tubifex or blackworm culture that I could buy/swap for?

Thanks For Reading 🙂

ismael

hey Jengo

I dont have any black worm or tubifex culture, but i do have some withe worm and micro worm if it interesse you we can exchange i try to have the more different culture as possible

Jengos

Hi Ismael! Do your white worms need to stay 20 degrees or cooler?

I've got daphnia and scuds. And ramshorn snails of course.

ismael

Hey jengo :)

i think they need to be cooler then 20 degres,but im not sure if they have to.

i keep mine in the fridge...

if its something that interesse you i would be willing to swap some of my worm for some either daphnia or scuds

Helder Lopes

Live California blackworm has been difficult this year.  I found some in BC. Too expensive as food, but good quality to start a culture. Contact Patrick at

Jengos

Quote from: ismael on December 09, 2022, 04:18:57 PMHey jengo :)

i think they need to be cooler then 20 degres,but im not sure if they have to.

i keep mine in the fridge...

if its something that interesse you i would be willing to swap some of my worm for some either daphnia or scuds
I had a planaria outbreak and lost those cultures:(

Biulu

Quote from: ismael on December 07, 2022, 04:46:15 PMhey Jengo

I dont have any black worm or tubifex culture, but i do have some withe worm and micro worm if it interesse you we can exchange i try to have the more different culture as possible

I am looking for worm cultures too. Would be interested in white worms or grindals. I do have a fridge, so can accommodate in there.