New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New to OVAS

Started by Mermaiden Jane, January 31, 2023, 07:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaiden Jane

I just joined OVAS and wanted to say hi. :) I really enjoyed the meeting last night & it was nice to meet a couple of you. My name's Jane & my fish family currently consists of:

6 Synodontis Petricola (Cuckoo) Catfish that I got from Big Al's - dubbed the Cutie Pie Squad (because they are adorable and it's hard to tell some of them apart)

3 guppies - my male Small Fry who is the son my first fish and feeder guppy from Big Al's, and my females (January Ember & Yennefer) who I just adopted last Friday from Critter Jungle (thanks Liam!) they are settling in great.

1 Snowball Pleco, named Polkaroo (my favourite fish) I got from SAE.

& 1 horned nerite snail (Loki) from Critter Jungle.

I'm hoping to add a female Betta soon.

They live together in a 55 gallon in my office...I work from home, so we spend a lot of time together. :)

Anyway, nice to meet you all! I'm looking forward to participating in more meetings and events. My mom, Barb, is likely to join as well.

Jane

Jody

Hi Mermaiden Jane!

Welcome to OVAS.
I am glad that you enjoyed the meeting.

Jody

busdriver

I don't think I would classify myself as a new member, I've been around since 2006 as a non paying member that just signed up again as I'm getting back into the hobby. I have one aquarium 45 gallon, my wife won't let me have any more than one aquarium at a time. I'm looking at a new one but haven't decided what size, anything from a 65 gallon to a 120.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

Mermaiden Jane

Hey :) welcome back, busdriver! I only keep the one tank too.

What kind of fish do you keep? It's always exciting upgrading a tank.