New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Meeting / Auction Tonight

Started by 328iGuy, May 31, 2004, 03:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

328iGuy

Hey

Does anyone have somewhat of an Agenda timeline as to when things will be happening tonight?

When will the auction take place?

Just wondering if I need to do some work tonight, what times I could jet in and out for the auction etc....

Marc

Hi,

The agenda is the last thing on the agenda.  Alain (OVAS President) is supposed to bring me the agenda before 5pm.  I'll post it here when I get it.

Marc

328iGuy

Quote from: "Marc"Hi,

The agenda is the last thing on the agenda.  Alain (OVAS President) is supposed to bring me the agenda before 5pm.  I'll post it here when I get it.

Marc

Thanks a lot!

Marc

Agenda for May 31st OVAS Meeting

7:00 - Arrival
7:15 - Announcements
7:30 - Program: Home Video
8:15 - Health Break
8:45 - Auction
9:30 - Wrap Up
10:00 - Departure

Please remember that the agenda is a guideline only.  The times may be adjusted as required as the evening goes on.

328iGuy

Quote from: "Marc"Agenda for May 31st OVAS Meeting

7:00 - Arrival
7:15 - Announcements
7:30 - Program: Home Video
8:15 - Health Break
8:45 - Auction
9:30 - Wrap Up
10:00 - Departure

Please remember that the agenda is a guideline only.  The times may be adjusted as required as the evening goes on.

So its fine If I showed up in time for the auction?

Marc

I realize this is after the fact but if you did show up for the auction that's fine.  Since I don't know your real-life name I can't tell if you were there or not.

We had a large mini-auction with fair prices favoring the buyers a bit.  There was lots of plants, some lighting, a fair amount of cichlids, some bushynose plecos and lots more stuff.

Pisidan

how was the auction i was unable to go because i broke my knee on wednesday and am couch/bed ridden ....I hope i didnt miss any good deals I really really waned to go :( oh well guess in september anyways hope everything went well !!!

ambushman2j

was it ever a buyers auction, I think your understating that marc!..the only thing that really got much money were the bushy nose plecos!..even plants weren't getting very much this time!  I was surprised I was able to get my brother 2 bags of java fern and a medium sized anubias and a bushynose pleco all for 20$  then I got the 4 lithobates for myself for 5$ when I paid 14$ at the giant auction for 3 the same size

also I was surprised there was only 6 home show videos last year there was well over 10 wasn't there?  I would have liked to have shown mine but in trying to get someone to videotape it, it seemed like too much of a hassle so I told them to forget it.  perhaps there should be more videotapers next year to ease the load

Stevie

I too can't believe the haul I took home last night!  $25.00 and I was struggling to carry it all!