New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

chat nickname

Started by fishycanuck, April 25, 2006, 08:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishycanuck

???
How do I change my nickname in the chat room? For some reason, it comes up as "fishycanuck_ovas", which is far too long and complicated for the likes of Art.  ;D

NjOyRiD

do /nick "yournickname"
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

darkdep

At the moment, there is not much that can be done about the _ovas part, which will be added by default by the Java client.  It is because the IRC server is shared and you can't have username conflicts.

artw

well if some of us didnt keep getting fishycanuck and roxydog mixed up maybe it would be easier to remember nicknames in the chat :)  I should smite myself for that.

fishycanuck

uh..... i don't get what Njoyrid was trying to tell me. What's with the different coloured stars under our names? Why does Art get purple??????  :-\

BigDaddy

Quote from: fishycanuck on April 25, 2006, 10:11:30 PM
uh..... i don't get what Njoyrid was trying to tell me. What's with the different coloured stars under our names? Why does Art get purple??????  :-\

Moderators get purple... regular users get yellow

PaleoFishGirl

all-powerful Webmasters get red

babblefish1960

Art is special, as are all the moderators and power mad despots such as the monty python hating webmasters, at least their advice is reasonably clear, I too am flummoxed by Njoyrid's strange dialect there, perhaps he will enlighten us with more strings of words called sentences. ;D

fishycanuck, what happened to the oh so cute killer bunny with the pancake? And what does your badge actually say, I have old eyes and can't quite see what it says, is it a star trek thing, or are you an astronaut?

BigDaddy

Once you enter the chat room, type the following

/nick NewNickName

So, to change from BigDaddy_ovas to BigD, I would simply type

/nick BigD

and hit enter

NjOyRiD

ahhh finally does understand me hahaha
i shold have a +1 on this one haha
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

darkdep

I think NJoyrid is drunk on the new site graphics or something...:)

NjOyRiD

dunno why but I'm -3 now LOL
370g System

darkdep

I'm gonna guess the "pink shirt" stuff had something to do with it :)

fishycanuck

Somehow I deleted the bunny. My new avatar is the symbol for Starfleet Medical... my ultimate ambition! ;D

Supressor

Allow me to help you with this, there is a way you can REGISTER your name, and put a pass on it to become known and secure.

type:

/services register NickYouWantHere PassHere

Although everytime it will still show the_ovas thing, just simply change it and it will ask for a pass. Notice that when your cursor hovers over a button in the chat room, the bottom of the applet will give a brief and simple name for the button.

NjOyRiD

Quote from: DarkDep on April 26, 2006, 03:52:36 PM
I'm gonna guess the "pink shirt" stuff had something to do with it :)

AH! thats what happen when you miss a meeting ! A real good one too :D:D
370g System