New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS membership things you need to know!

Started by az, May 27, 2006, 02:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

az

i was wondering if someone(ovas executive?) could answer the followings briefly :)

what is an ovas membership, how is it different from the forum membership, how does it save money, how long and for how much, how to vote in elections, where to pay, whats the paypal address to pay it online, do we get it by mail or pick up!

feel free to ask any other ques.....i came accross these very recently and this would save me some time! thanks in advance!
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

Laura

Hi,
I'm no exec, but I think that if you see here http://ovas.ca/index.php?page=15 and here http://ovas.ca/index.php?page=19 it should cover off your questions.

There is no paid membership required to use the forum, it is the paid membership card that helps fund OVAS, and gets you the great discounts around town.
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Supressor

As an addition to what laura said, it would be nice if OVAS memberships worked with places outside ottawa :P cuz you know, it is Ottawa VALLEY Aquarium society hehe

darkdep

Suppressor:  We hope to change that this year by getting involved in more stores.

jetstream

If you shop at AquariumService (BigAls) in Toronto and show them any aquarium society membership card, you get 10% off. It works for me at Oakville, Miss and the one at Kennedy road! One of the extra joining the club!  :)

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO