New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My 180g, 4 sided viewable project thread

Started by Hookup, August 28, 2009, 10:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hookup

Quote from: Cheebs on December 13, 2010, 03:26:09 PM
Wow Hookup, it's finally all come together, and it looks amazing!!!

Awesome stuff, I can't wait to see it mature!

You and me both!  The best is yet to come for sure... this is just "good bones" for an end product.

I'm looking forward to having my corals back into my tank and getting some fish populations back again... The tank looks so empty it makes me sad... but happy too... going to have some fun with fish selections for sure... bring on the goby's and blenny's...

BadTiming

Well one thing for sure is that you didn't lose the WOW factor.
Currently upgrading

Stussi613

Quote from: Hookup on December 11, 2010, 10:35:27 AM
Thanks for the positive comments!   

We should get together for some photo shooting...  But i have cannon.  Are we even aloud to shoot the same thing at the same time or are we risking putting the earth off-axis?  Hahaha. 

Nikon and Canon shooters can actually co-exist in the same room, at the same time, with the same subject without tearing the space|time continuum assuming one of two things is true:

1.  The Canon shooter realizes he is the presence of a much better camera
2.  The subject is a kicka$$ tank that deserves to have lots of photo's taken of it

In all seriousness, the debate over which is better changes about every other week.  I shoot Nikon because Canon chose to cripple all of my old lenses from my AE1 when they switched to digital. 

If I was going to buy a new all purpose camera tomorrow and didn't have a few grand worth of lenses already kicking around the T2i would be at the top of my list.
I haz reef tanks.

JetJumper

I love the finished product!  I can't wait to see the video of the Corn-quarium in action though.  And I can't wait to see how you get it fully stocked!  Did you have to cure the Concrete so it doesn't leech?  I don't think I remember reading anything about that part but I might be mistaken..

Congrats!  And I am sure your wife is happy she doesn't have to look at a hole in the wall anymore :P  Well, its still a hole but an entertaining one at that! :D
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

nelson

Extremely informative.  Enjoyed being witness to your progress....and frustrations.  Congratulations.

Hookup

Quote from: Stussi613 on December 13, 2010, 09:09:02 PM
Nikon and Canon shooters can actually co-exist in the same room, at the same time, with the same subject without tearing the space|time continuum assuming one of two things is true:

1.  The Canon shooter realizes he is the presence of a much better camera
2.  The subject is a kicka$$ tank that deserves to have lots of photo's taken of it

In all seriousness, the debate over which is better changes about every other week.  I shoot Nikon because Canon chose to cripple all of my old lenses from my AE1 when they switched to digital. 

If I was going to buy a new all purpose camera tomorrow and didn't have a few grand worth of lenses already kicking around the T2i would be at the top of my list.

Once the tank is a bit more filled in, like when m corals are back in and the ugly brown phase is over we will have to set up some time to shoot...

Hookup

Quote from: JetJumper on December 13, 2010, 11:15:59 PM
I love the finished product!  I can't wait to see the video of the Corn-quarium in action though.  And I can't wait to see how you get it fully stocked!  Did you have to cure the Concrete so it doesn't leech?  I don't think I remember reading anything about that part but I might be mistaken..

Congrats!  And I am sure your wife is happy she doesn't have to look at a hole in the wall anymore :P  Well, its still a hole but an entertaining one at that! :D

I haven't seen it either, of course I was there.. Haha. It was very cool when happening...  That said, with so much rock and I adjusted back the flow for sand... It is not really representative any longer..  But it was fun,

Hookup

Quote from: Nelson on December 14, 2010, 08:26:29 AM
Extremely informative.  Enjoyed being witness to your progress....and frustrations.  Congratulations.

There were some good times for sure... Some pain and regret.  But the end result, which is really just the beginning, is pretty cool.

Vincenzo.

tim that pwns. thats some modern steez. and give it 10boombaps and 1 dj.

White Lightning

One word....... WICKED!

That's one heck of a showpiece!!!

Did someone say poker???

Hey Tim, I love Hold em. If you ever get a game going and need an extra player let me know.I don't think Brent will invite me back to play since I won the two games we played.  ;D

salvini55

hey bud, got an update for the new year... I got the red warning trying to post  :o

Hookup

I have no updates... :(

The tank is doing ok, but at present I'm fighting to color up the SPS... And LPS..  I started dosing maybe a bit high... Like back before I lost so many corals and after 4 weeks of not dosing Ca or Mg they are finally back in range.  Ca was 420 wednesday night and Mg was 1400+.  Insane...

My corals are growing...
However my monti caps are dying.. Not sure why, they bleach out then die...  Lost most of one that was 2x2 inch and the other is bleaching...

Amazing polyp extension on most, but not all SPS...

My current thinking is the tank is too nutrient free... So I've been adding fish... A little fish poop can go a long way...

JD

Quote from: Hookup on March 18, 2011, 05:56:56 AM

However my monti caps are dying.. Not sure why, they bleach out then die...  Lost most of one that was 2x2 inch and the other is bleaching...

I had monti caps bleaching too. Too much light. I moved them off into a darker corner, now, colours are awesome.
Just my two cents.

SWFitzy

you must have updated photos. please share the amazement.

Hookup

I'm sorry for not updating...  For 9 of the past 9 weeks i've been taveling... yes two of those were on vacation, but it's been a load of work related travel... and fighting to get my tank color and growth back on track has been.... problematic so I've just not wanted to take any photos...

This weekend I will try to take the hour and get some decent photos of the tank, FTS included, and post them to the thread...  Thanks for your understanding.

liv

looking great !

love the wall finish.. steel and wood on that side of the wall.. looks amazing !
where did you get those walls ?

You and Pat did some amazing work.. will be keeping on eye on this thread.

JetJumper

wahoo pictures!  haha..

Looking good so far.

I might have missed this, but did you have to cure the DIY rockwork?
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Hookup

Quote from: JetJumper on April 10, 2011, 10:23:34 PM
wahoo pictures!  haha..

Looking good so far.

I might have missed this, but did you have to cure the DIY rockwork?

Yep...took about 2 weeks...

Cheebs