New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Brendan's 20L Shrimp Tank!

Started by bettabreeder, May 08, 2013, 06:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daworldisblack

Man, this tank has come a long way and looks like a world-apart from your first few 'proposals' :p Really nice Iwagumi-esque scape man. Simple and good.

Re Scape, I think he does have 3 rocks but the left and middle rock probably look like one. The middle rock could be raised a little and positioned per the rule-of-thirds but a simple trick might just be to plant some shorter stem plants like Styrogyne Repens or Downoi etc. in between the rocks
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Dxpert

That HC has really filled out! Great work Brendan. Btw, the orange eyed blue tigers are doing great.

charlie

bettabreeder

Thanks for the compliments guys! and yes i have five rocks in there but the lighting for my camera does not capture the five rocks well at all. its quite better in person.

bettabreeder

I did some rearranging so here's an updated shot of the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bettabreeder

And a side view of my tank

charlie

I`m jealous of you HC carpet  :P

bettabreeder

Thanks Errol! I'm extremely happy with the growth thus far

daworldisblack

Yes that hc carpet - that is amazing and the colour of how i feel about it! Nicely done!

exv152

I've struggled with establishing a carpet of HC since; it lifts so easily, it's suseptible to ammonia burn with new ADA soil, that plus mold can really make it a challenge. Nice little setup you got going.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

fischkopp

This is coming together nicely. Good job!
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

bettabreeder

Thanks guys!

bettabreeder

So finally got my shrimp tank looking perfect. Just going to focus on growing the moss all the way up the back.

exv152

Nice tank Brendan! I'll bet you're getting a lot of enjoyment out of it.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

sas

daworldisblack

Sweet looking tanks man - good to see alls well in there! Them Crystal Shrimps look great in there!

charlie

bettabreeder

Thanks guys!

bettabreeder

I finally had some free time this morning and after mulling over the idea for some time now I finally added more aqua soil to the back left corner and planted some HC all the way up it. It looks pretty shabby right now of course but once the tank clears up I'll post a picture of it.

bettabreeder

new slope. Hoping it'll look stellar once the HC grows on it