New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Giant Auction March 4, 2012

Started by limmer, February 13, 2012, 10:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

The Auction proper starts at noon and usually finishes between 5:00 and 6:00.

For the raffle tickets, you have to be present to win.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Fishnut

Here are a few of the Raffle Prizes!

Bring some extra cash to buy your raffle tickets!  There are some great prizes available!

shannon333

Fishnut, your making me all the more depressed. LOL!!!
.....have a two year old that would never sit still, dont have anyone to look after him for a few hours, dont have a drive there, etc....
I'm so definitely going next year and bringing my future 3 yr old.
(oh ,and are we allowed to bring a 3yr old to ovas meetings? Cause thats the only thing thats stopping me)

Nerine

yes :) give me a heads up and I will have some goodies there!! I bring my 3yr old every once in awhile (I stopped recently due to I'm in town ALLL day and he gets super cranky by the time midnight rolls around haha)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

shannon333

Ah Kool :0)
I'm all happy now !!

washefuzzy

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Fishnut

Kids are welcome!  Bring some things for them to do...colouring, quiet toys, etc.  My 2 year old usually stays home with daddy, but if he needs to go my blackberry is a great source of entertainment as he watches home movies of himself.
:)

charlie

So who is bidding on the starfire 48 gallon kit ? :)- i want to know who i`m up against ;)
Not a bad kit - great tank-all panel starfire glass rimless, great ADA soil & 2 bags to booth T5HO 4x36 watts lighting with moon lights & some really nice Dragon stone rock with some driftwood for good measure, hmm have to find a spot  ;D

touchofsky

What is the opening bid for the Starfire or is it a silent auction?

ajm1961

Quote from: touchofsky on March 03, 2012, 04:32:59 PM
What is the opening bid for the Starfire or is it a silent auction?
It is the silent auction. The minimum bid is set at $300. The total value of this setup is $820!
Looks like someone will be getting a deal!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Lurch1

In the future would we be able to have an Auction on any day other then Sunday?

Nerine

You MUST be present to claim your raffle items!! They CANNOT go back with me!! I do NOT live in Ottawa :)

But you can show up at ANY time during the auction...

Bring your tot! we have colouring books just bring crayons!
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

Nerine

Lurch - Maybe? I think Sunday has been the day that works out for most people and the room availability...

Jeff1192

Hope you guys had a good time. I was really disappointed to miss the auction this year by my oldest boy had a karate tournament all day today and I couldn't miss that.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

rockgarden

Thanks to all of the executive, volunteers, sellers and buyers who made this Giant Auction a success once again. Thanks also to those who made donations so that my job of selling raffle tickets would be an easy one.

I sold everything that I brought. I only bought a couple of bags at the auction itself. Then I took my profits out into the hallway, met the raffle winner who had won the aquarium donated by Fish Tail Aquariums,  ended up buying that aquarium and then proceeded to break it while loading it into my vehicle OUCH!

Contact me if you would like a broken designer aquarium  8).

Nerine

Oh no!!! maybe it can be a nice planter now???  :((( so sad!!

A HUGE thank you to everyone who came out today and volunteered!!! Without you guys this auction would not have been possible!!! We got out of there EARLY!! I'm home and it's 8:35!! WOOHOO!! :D I was going to go out to eat, but decided I should get some sleep instead hahahaha

Thank you again everyone!! And a HUGE thank you to our sponsors and friends of OVAS!!

Cheebs

Thank you OVAS! I had a great time. rockgarden, I'm sad the tank I sold you broke :( Thankfully it wasn't an extremely expensive purchase, but still crummy nonetheless! I'm glad the rest worked out for you.

rockgarden

I'm resting my legs for bit and watching the curling. After that, I'll add some photos to my blog.

Take a look later tonight or on Monday. Hopefully I caught a few chuckle shots  :)

http://www.megapixeltravel.com/2012/03/ovas-giant-auction-today-march-4th-2012/

Ron

AdamR

Ouch, that was a nice tank.

I was the luck winner of the 37 Gallon LED kit but unfortunately my better half says we don't have room for it.  I will be posting it up for sale soon.

Great job today, well done!

AdamR