New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Giant Auction March 4, 2012

Started by limmer, February 13, 2012, 10:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchofsky

Was it the trophy tank that broke?  That is so sad!  I have one of those tanks and they look beautiful when planted.

GeneBe

Yes, Thank you OVAS and everyone present for a great day at the auction! We are very happy with our sold and our bought items!! Fortunately, nothing of ours broke... : :-[
Sent from my tank

touchofsky

Yes, I should have mentioned how happy I am with my purchases.  Thank you to all of the volunteers and organizers for a job well done.  All of my creatures are home and settled in.  The plants will be planted tomorrow.  Thanks again everyone  :)

Lurch1

Quote from: Nerine on March 03, 2012, 08:38:53 PM
Lurch - Maybe? I think Sunday has been the day that works out for most people and the room availability...

I would love to participate and volunteer, but, for my family and I, Sundays are the Lord's Day. When is the next one scheduled for?

garnpet

The Giant Auction is the first Sunday of March.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Jeff1192

So who ended up with the Starfire 48gallon???
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Laura

@Lurch - you may prefer the Monday night meetings that nearly always have an auction component. Not as big an event as the yearly auction, but they are fun and you can get some great stuff nonetheless.

Thanks to everyone who put work into the auction.
(I was so glad to drop by and get some baby snuggling in!)
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

charlie

Quote from: Jeff1192 on March 04, 2012, 09:10:46 PM
So who ended up with the Starfire 48gallon???
Some guy on this forum that has a name ending with Cop, guess who  :), .

charlie

It was a blast today, it appears this was the biggest auction in recent memory with almost 1200 items WOW.
I would like to add my thanks to the hard working execs & Volunteers that it made it a success.
Errol

RoxyDog

Quote from: Laura on March 04, 2012, 09:14:01 PM
(I was so glad to drop by and get some baby snuggling in!)

Brynn was happy to oblige.  Thanks to everyone who participated and volunteered and snuggled.  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Brine

androo303

I'd like to say a big thank you to all the volunteers that made my first auction a good one. Next year I'll know to budget 7 hrs for my 120g setup instead of 2-3.

Again thank you to all.

fischkopp

It was a good day. A big thanks to all the auctioneers, the auction host, and everyone else to make this go by rather smoothly; moving 1200 item in 6 hours is quite an achievement.

Also great to see a good attendance by our fellow hobbyist from SAM/Montreal. Glad you came out and brought some interesting items with you.

I for myself didn't plan on buying much, but a few things caught my interest and made it into my box, a nice pair of not often seen apistos for example. Winning one of the raffles kept the mood up, and somehow I ended up with that tank full of dirt on my backseat ... :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

bizfromqc

Had a blast!
Thanks to everyone for helping out and volunteering.

BTW, kudos to the chef, that pulled pork sandwich was the bomb  ;)

In case you already forgot Errol, the number is 88  ;D

bizfromqc

Quote from: fischkopp on March 04, 2012, 11:05:14 PM
It was a good day. A big thanks to all the auctioneers, the auction host, and everyone else to make this go by rather smoothly; moving 1200 item in 6 hours is quite an achievement.

Also great to see a good attendance by our fellow hobbyist from SAM/Montreal. Glad you came out and brought some interesting items with you.

I for myself didn't plan on buying much, but a few things caught my interest and made it into my box, a nice pair of not often seen apistos for example. Winning one of the raffles kept the mood up, and somehow I ended up with that tank full of dirt on my backseat ... :)

Congrats on the tank!

Which apistos did you end up with? I got a pair of a. sp. rotpunkt from one of the SAM member. She mentioned the LFS she got them from (when they were unsexed juvies) mentioned they were WC.

Interesting  :)

Fishnut

I was so busy all day that I actually sold more than I bought!  I don't think that ever happened before and my hubby was so happy!

Wayne...I want that Pulled Pork recipe.  Just reading about it made me hungry for one again.

fischkopp

Quote from: bizfromqc on March 04, 2012, 11:09:53 PM
Which apistos did you end up with?

I got a pair of A. norberti. Looking quite nice.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

robt18

Thanks so much to everyone who helped out and came out and made it a great day! My legs are tired and my throat isn't enjoying the second straight weekend of abuse. :D

Amazing job by all of the volunteers who somehow managed to pull that off in 6 hours, thanks to everyone for your understanding and everything you did to make the event go as smoothly as it did.

Rob

rockgarden

I fell asleep in my chair while watching the curling  ::)

Then, I woke up and started posting some photos to my blog.  Got as far as the cupcakes and got hungry!  More images to come - OOPS already 1:30AM!

More images will be added to this blog entry later on Monday - I need some beauty rest  ;D.

http://www.megapixeltravel.com/2012/03/ovas-giant-auction-today-march-4th-2012/

Ron

washefuzzy

Quote from: rockgarden on March 04, 2012, 08:31:08 PM
Thanks to all of the executive, volunteers, sellers and buyers who made this Giant Auction a success once again. Thanks also to those who made donations so that my job of selling raffle tickets would be an easy one.

I sold everything that I brought. I only bought a couple of bags at the auction itself. Then I took my profits out into the hallway, met the raffle winner who had won the aquarium donated by Fish Tail Aquariums,  ended up buying that aquarium and then proceeded to break it while loading it into my vehicle OUCH!

Contact me if you would like a broken designer aquarium  8).

That is so sad! Now I don't feel so bad about cracking my 10gal I bought.